2 replies to this topic

#1 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:35 AM

Although I have only just got hold of this CD it has been around for several years, on one site is described as being 'the perennial'. I would highly recommend it to everyone.
The songs by some of Greece's most well-known modern composers, are beautifully sung by Agnes Baltsa with some tremendous bouzouki playing from Kostas Papadopoulos and they cover a range of emotions.
The version I obtained was on the Deutsche Grammophon label in their 'Grand Prix' series.
If you can, get hold of a copy and hopefully you will get as much enjoyment from the music I am.

I have just used a search engine to try and find if there are other such recordings by this mezzo-soprano and did find another one! Or at least I thought I had but it seems that Deutsche G. also issued this under the title' From Greece with Love- Songs From the Olympics'.
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#2 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

Hi Dave thanks for your advise. Of course I tried YouTube to see if there was anything uploaded of him and Agnes Baltsa. But alas.

But to give the readers of the forum an idea of the bouzouki playing qualities of Kostas, here is the video:

And this one is Agnes Baltsa. I can imagine the combination must be great.

And after some more searching this one Dave. You'll be happy..

;)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#3 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:34 AM

Concert of Agnes Baltsa and the Greek composer Stavros Xarhakos in Patras 2008

Part 1.

Part 2

Yannis Samatas
webmaster