No replies to this topic

#1 Mike Esson

Mike Esson

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:13 AM

I'm Mike Esson from Olomouc, the Czechlands and am cycling around western Crete from the 1st to 7th november. I'm in persuit of the dream home which should accomodate the 4 of us, Katka my wife, Robbie George ( 6 ) and Danny James ( 4 ). We would love advice on a non-touristy village within 8 kms of the coast where we could immerse ourselves in the Crete culture. I'm a painter and translator which gives me the opportunity to put bread on the table without journeying to the factory every day. Nevertheless i'd like to put my english teaching quals. to use by engaging in voluntary / symbolically paid work in a local school which wouldn't normally have the possibility / budget to accomodate a language teacher. This is in order to really get to know the local community and even sow the seeds of an unofficial bartering process.
If you know of an establishment which may invite my skills / input, i'd be duely grateful. Our vision is moving to Crete in sept. 2009 for minimum stay ( renting accomodation ) of 1 year which will hopefully evolve even into decades.
If our tracks have the possibility of meeting then i'd love to meet up with you folks whether it's an afternoon coffee chat or a good sit-down accompanied by a local speciality. I'm hitting the road from Heraklion on my raleigh with tent and an open mind. I'm an optimist with a little realism thrown in. Cheers, Mike

Attached Files

• Attached File  01.JPG   53.72KB   2 downloads