No replies to this topic

#1 Mike Esson

Mike Esson

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:55 PM

The topic title is a little misleading I'd say. We're a harmless bunch of individuals ( 3 generations from the age of 3 to sixty something ) looking at settling around the Rethymnon / Chania ( possibly Hora Sfakion ) area for a year onwards but hopefully much longer. I'm Mike, a 38 year old Scot who , like many Scots has spent only around 20% of his life in his actual home country. I'm cycling around the island this november looking for the ideal base camp. I'm a painter and english teacher planning on contributing to a local community through art and language. My companions belong to the artistic, spiritual and linguistic fields hoping to do likewise without imposing their own culture too strongly on fellow neighbours. My wife Katka is a wonderful mother who is looking forward to a different scene in comparison to her native Olomouc city. Our boys Robbie George (6) and Danny James (4) are extremely adaptable and take on any change of scene with zest. The remaining part of our group are similar sorts with the dream of immersing oneselves in a small non-touristy village culture whilst struggling with the beautiful greek language. Any ideas about where i should peddle my trusty 15 year old raleigh ? I would be extremely grateful for any ideas or opportunities for a chat. Best regards and cheers, Mike Esson and family / friends.