3 replies to this topic

#1 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

Got back on the 24sep should have been 23rd but that is another story, stayed in Koutouloufari, last time there 2000, it hasnt change much afew more tavernas and a few bars that have been upgraded, on the road to Piskopiano alot more tavernas and apartments which dont look out of place they blend in. Piskopiano on the other hand,first time there was in 1991, what are they doing to the village,they have knocked down old greek houses and put up Irish bars and sports bars blasting out all kinds of music not my taste if i want an Irish or English bar i will stay in that country.In the back streets you can still see old pisko, but a lot of the houses where the old ladies who were dressed in black sat outside are being left to fall down, nobody must have wanted to take them on after the deaths of the ladies, i bet i can guess what will happen, met old friends in the Elgony app Nickos and family they made us most welcome stayed with them for a few hours.From pisko to Old Hersonissos not much changed only a large supermarket a bit cheaper than the others,Old Hersonissos not changed at all still the same as 1991, spent a few hours in the square in the taverna next to the paper kiosk, cheap drink and the owner kept giving us little bits to eat a very nice place. Now the thing they all have in common is traffic at times in Koutouloufari we drunk in the Mythos bar in the centre at the top of the hill and at times it was grid locked, cars, taxis, quad bikes, scooters anythink that had wheels went on the road to the three villages at times you took your life in your hands, what gets me is there is nowhere to park or very little, so they are not stopping and spending.Those roads where only made for two donkeys to pass, can not wait for Wims comment Rod. will try and upload photos in gallery been trying all afternoon put some on here

Attached Files

#2 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:36 PM

a few more

Attached Files

#3 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:23 PM

B) Bondo :lol:

Love the 69.91k house. Really! It got a lot of potential. Simply love it when they seem to grow out of the hills.

Must be the cave man in me....

B)

Hope you enjoyed your trip.
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#4 Assim

Assim

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

Wim,

Check out this architecture
http://www.earthship.net/
I would love to build one of them in Greece B)