3 replies to this topic

#1 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:58 PM

Mamma Mia!!! What a pleasant movie. Finally a movie where no one gets mutilated or transformed to some green or red or black superhero! No monsters no crazy people no Kung-Fu just fun, good acting and good old ABBA music under the blue Greek sea and sky.

#2 Ray

Ray

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:22 PM

I haven't seen it, I don't think it is in Crete yet and the DVD is not available until it is released later.

But it has to be a great film, Meryl Streep, Julie Walters, Brosnan etc, and all on a greek island someplace. Meryl Streep is very much of our generation and brings back the times when fun was fun until the teenagers grow up on you.

Looking forward to it very much. Here is the trailer:

All the best,

Ray
http://crete.wordpress.com

#3 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

Yeah, great fun!
Also the Skopelitans loved it, according to The Telegraph.

Skopelos' star turn! <<<<this is a link :mellow:

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#4 Caroline

Caroline

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

We went to see the film whilst we were in Skiathos. It is such a feel good movie. Wonderful scenery and although the storyline is a bit cheesy in places, if you like Abba's music, and you have a sense of humour you will love it. Mostly filmed in Skopelos, some of the early scenes were filmed in the harbour of Skiathos town and the mulit-national audience were picking out places they recognised. I went to see it whilst we were there because we would have beed daft not to, and because I wanted my husband to experience watching a film in an open-air cinema, where you can have a picnic and a bottle of wine whilst you watch the film. Very civilised.
:mellow: