11 replies to this topic

#1 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:44 PM

Ok so it has been established that Dinny will be having an Explore Crete Dinner each month this summer!!! Lucky Dinny. ^_^
Who is going to be around in September for an Explore Crete Dinner?
I will be here for all of Septmber, so dates aren't important to me.

Ros.
  • Robertoi , Howardgog , dracossumo and 10 others like this

#2 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

We're going to be in Crete from 26th September, but flying in late so couldn't do anything that day. Other than that we can be flexible as to where and when, but it would be good to get something settled before too long so we can plan the holiday around it.

Ros - do hope we can meet up anyway.

Pam & Bob

#3 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

Hi Pam & Bob,

I'm sure something can be arranged before you come out. Do you know yet whereabouts in Crete you want to stay on your trip?
I'm just 1 km from Venerato, which is just off the main road from Heraklion to Moires, on the way to Dinny's. I would happy to see you & you would be more than welcome to visit me at my house. It's a 20 minute drive from the national highway.
There is a hotel near to me called Villa Kerasia, which looks very nice, I have a distant view of it from my bedroom window. Villa Kerasia is a renovated farmhouse & has a swimming pool. If you're going to be touring it might be a nice place to stay for a night or two.

I'm more than happy to have the dinner anywhere, in the south, Matala, Agia Galini way or in the north, Heraklion way, or anywhere else that people fancy.

Dinny do you have a preference for a date ?

Ros.

#4 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:15 PM

Hi, Ros - no we don't yet have any fixed plans. However, if you're leaving on 30th the dinner probably needs to be 27/28th, but could depend on when other people may be about.

Our only vague plans so far are to spend some time in Pitsidia, visit the Amari valley again and also Kalyves. Maybe if we go down to Pitsidia first off (on 27th) we could drop into visit you on the way?

I'm in the middle of post-holiday blues at the moment - always kicks in a week after we get back, so am spending far too much time dreaming about the next holiday!

Pam & Bob

#5 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:43 PM

Pam,
I'm not leaving until around 3rd-4th October. Drop in on me anyway, if you're passing.

Ros.

#6 Caroline

Caroline

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:58 PM

I'll be in Crete for two weeks from 9th September!

#7 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

Ho! I realize I am guilty of not checking ExploreCrete every day lately but I have been so busy with a lot of other things... sometimes I forget.

I am looking forward to meeting Dave and Hilary this months for an ExploreCrete Dinner - in August I will be away for a touch of cool air in Denmark from 8th to 21st - but then September would be nice to have another ExploreCrete Dinner - I really enjoy this! ^_^

So I will be sure to check back here to see what is coming up - actually in September we might be able to gather a lot more people for the dinner, since September is one of the preferred months for visiting Crete, right?

#8 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

As I said above, best date looks like being 27th September, if we want to have it on a Saturday. We're on holiday, so doesn't matter too much to us. Ros leaves on 3rd/4th October and hopefully Yvonne will still be in Crete. Anybody else about in late September, and any thoughts on best day?

Pam & Bob

#9 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

Hi, yes we will be in Crete but have not joined in the discussion so far as we have 3 sets of potential visitors who have not made any bookings because they are waiting to see how family and financial issues turn out. Just hope they don't all book the same week or WE wont have anywhere to sleep!

If we do not have visitors we would like to come but if Alan's son is with us then he might like to come too. We will keep an eye on the forum via an Internet cafe.

:D
Kritsa Yvonne

#10 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:28 AM

I've just confirmed my return flight to the UK for evening of 4th October.
Hopefully I shall be meeting Birgit in Agia Pelagia on Sunday 31st August before she flies home that night.

Ok so it looks like we are going to have the September dinner on Saturday 27th.
I will need to know where it will be held as I will have to book accommodation or will someone do the booking for those of us who need it?

Ros.

#11 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:18 PM

Right, just booked a studio in Pitsidia from 27th to 1st October, so if we're going to have an Explore Crete dinner it's need to be down south.

Ros - will drop in on you on the way down, would love to see your house.

Post more tomorrow, but Bob's itching to get off down the pub!

Pam & Bob

#12 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:53 AM

Hi Pam,

Give me a call on the morning of 27th so that we can arrange for you to visit me on your way to the south.
My sister told me last night that she's coming out on the 26th with a friend for 4 nights!!! She does know that I'll be missing on the evening/night of 27th.
Hopefully I will see Dinny before the Dinner, but I will certainly be speaking to her before that.
See you on the 27th Sept.

Roll on Saturday!!!

Ros.