28 replies to this topic

#21 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:12 PM

Looks like we are going to have an ExploreCrete Dinner every month! That is really a fantastic idea! :) I will certainly join you up Nord if it is easier for everybody to meet there. With the new - half-finished - road from Heraklion to the South it only takes an hour to get up there and it would be nice to see something else for a change...

#22 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:21 PM

What about a 3rd Explore Crete dinner in September? Will anyone be in Crete then?
I'm due to arrive 30th August for 5 weeks.

Ros.

#23 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

Unfortunately for us poor souls who are unable to be in Crete for the whole of the summer :( it looks like you, Dinny, are going to have quite a few meals over the next few months.
I hope you got the PM I sent the other day in response to your 'posting' and you are not going to get away that lightly by suggesting that you could travel north ! Are you trying to do me out of my drive south across some fantastic scenery? :) ;)
No way!!!! I will make my way south to meet you and that is a threat not a promise!! :P Now that you have made the mistake of giving directions and your telephone number expect a call sometime after 22/7..........
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#24 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:02 PM

Hi Dave,
Your "threath" doesn t scare me at all! ;) I am looking forward to meeting the two of you for the ExploreCrete Dinner in July! I have just enjoyed the ExploreCrete Dinner of June with Pam and Bob at Lions in Matala and the sunset over the bay was just as beautiful as ever.
We must organize something in September then to meet Ros .... and who will be here in August? Ah yeah, all the Italians but we don t see many of those here, do we?
To defend myself from all the calories of the ExploreCrete Dinners I now get up at 7 am (instead of the usual "lazy 9 am") and have a walk to Komos beach and afterwards enjoying a cool fresh orange juice at Jodi s place, then back in front of the PC about 9 oclock. It is said to be healthy... :)

#25 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:42 AM

Hi Dinny,

I saved your phone number, so I'll give you a call in early september to arrange our meeting. I took my parents to Lion restaurant in Matala on a Sunday lunchtime in early May. I must say the food was very good, but I was horrified that they'd charged €7 for a large beer!!! I can't remember what the cost of the meal for the 3 of us was, but I do know it was our most expensive meal in Crete, and we didn't have fish. Having said that my mother did like the view.
It still won't stop me from visiting Matala & eating there though.

Ros.

#26 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:33 PM

Hi,
Just met Pat & Pete today and we had a nice chatting afternoon on the terrace. Tomorrow night we shall have a mini ExploreCrete Dinner at Lions in Matala and, mind you Ross, I will keep an eye on those beer prices. 7 Euro is outrageous! (hope I spelt that right...) If that is right I will tell the guy that he shall never hope to see me again in his restaurant... he might see me at Eleni s just next door, homemade and very nice cooking, same gorgeous view over the bay and surely Eleni won t charge that for a beer!
Looking forward to meeting you, Ross :)

#27 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:14 PM

Just got back from our holiday, which was great - will post more about it when I have more time. We thoroughly enjoyed our mini Explore Crete dinner with Dinny and hope she has many more of the same. However, we will be over again from 26th September to 6th October - haven't yet sorted out our itinerary, but as it looks as though there'll be a number of other people over at the same time, will arrange it to attend the Explore Crete dinner wherever that may be!

Pam & Bob

#28 Birgit

Birgit

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:09 PM

Dinny and others,

I take August!

Staying in Agia Pelagia from August 10th - 31st.

Anybody else??

Birgit

#29 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:10 PM

Hi Birgit,

I feel as if I should know you. Last year I bought a house in Crete but for the 5 years before that I had spent my holidays in Agia Pelagia too. I still visit Agia Pelagia on a regular basis when I'm in Crete as I have many friends who live there. Unfortunately I don't arrive in Crete until 30th August, so I will miss you this time. Where do you stay in Agia Pelagia? I always used to stay at the Amazona apartments, but have stayed at Esperides & Dioskouri.

Ros.