#1 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

Hi everbody,
Amazing how time flies... it is now again time to think about the annual fabulous Explore Crete Dinner! B)
If anybody would like to participate please suggest which date(S) would be most convenient in May - or maybe it will be June this year? I know Ton&Family will be down here in the South in May, but otherwise I have lost track of who-will-be-where-and-when.

Let's get our act together! :)

Looking forward to see familiar and new faces among the CreteExplorers!
Dinny

#2 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:57 PM

Dinny,

I would love to meet up with you & some of the other members, I will be in Crete 5th to 18th May, but I think this will probably be too early for the Explore Crete Dinner. I did meet Yiannis when I was here in March at his office (I bought him some Assam Tea). I passed through Pitsidia several times last July & once in March on route to Matala & Agia Galini & thought of you & your animals.

Ros.

#3 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:19 PM

Great!! I will touch base with you Dinny when I am in the village. Most of May will be fine for me for such an event. I hope we will have lots of members participating. :)

#4 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:25 PM

Hi, Dinny - we're coming over later this year arriving in Heraklion on 1st June, so we'll probably be too late! However, we will defnitely be spending time in Matala/Pitsidia so we can have our own mini Explore Crete dinner.

Pam & Bob

#5 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:37 PM

As much as I would love to come over in May I have been told that I can't have any time off. I will have to make enquiries about June.

xx
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#6 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

Well I think I'm going to be in Athens until July so I might be able to make a long weekend out to Crete at some point.

:lol:
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#7 aardigman

aardigman

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:57 PM

Well, I will be in Crete from 3rd of May until the 18th. I will be based in Gouves and will be travelling around .. so.. lead me to the food lol

#8 aardigman

aardigman

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:19 PM

Hi Has anything been done about metting up in May. and where ??
Kieran

#9 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:43 PM

Hi,
Well, it seems that we will not be that many for a "real" ExploreCrete Dinner, maybe we should postpone it till June?
Ros, if you are down here near Pitsidia please come by and say hello! :) You cannot miss me, I am in the first house before next to the road on the left before you reach Pitsidia - the white square house with the BLUE shutters (I have just painted them, such a nice change from the former pinkish colour!). Just honk the horn or pick up the hammer at the gate and beat the cowbell - in that way, if I am working in my office I will be sure to hear that you have arrived! That goes for anyone else, of course, (aardigman, are you camping down South?) if you are coming down South. I would love to meet you! B)

So, what about JUNE? Pam & Bob will be here 2-16th. Anyone else?

#10 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:01 PM

:)

Bizarrely I had a phone call tonight about a job in crete starting June 20th.

I might be there after all.

perhaps B)
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#11 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:05 PM

Dinny,

I would loved to have visited you & I drove through Pitsidia to Komos & Matala. Unfortunately I didn't have computer access in Crete, & I arrived several days before you posted your kind invitation.
I will be back over for around 5 weeks in September, so if your invitation still stands I will see you then!

Cheers
Ros.

#12 pat & pete

pat & pete

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:21 PM

Dinny, we will be in Crete from 4th June -25th June,I think we will be mainly in the South & South-West except for the 1st 4 days, there after we head south.
It would be nice to meet up with other Explore Crete members. Pat & Pete.

#13 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:57 PM

Fine! I am expecting Pam & Bob to show up here on Monday 2nd around noon and they will be staying in the area (Matala) at least for a week I hope. So maybe we can arrange an ExploreCrete dinner on next Friday or Saturday? With Pat & Pete we shall be FIVE !! :lol: And that would indeed be very nice. So now is the time for ALL the rest to come forward and join. I just need to know it a few days ahead if anybody else is coming so that I can make sure to book a table big enough, OK?

Would Friday 5th be OK? EDITED: Ooops, just noticed that Pat & Pete will NOT be here for the first 4 days (if I understood right) - so WHEN would be a good day for the two of you? Hopefully Pam & Bob can adapt if they are not planning to go too far away...

And would Lions in Matala be a good choice? It is not the cheapest of restaurants but the food is really good and with lots of choices, reastaurant directly on the seaside.
Cheaper choice, but still with very nice food, would be Eleni a few meters away with the same fantastic view...

Let me know, OK?

:-)
Dinny

#14 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

Hi, Dinny - glad you've come up for air after finishing your big piece of work. Hopefully that means that you'll have some spare time to spend with us while we're in Matala.

Yes, we can be flexible, though we have got accommodation booked in Kalyves from 11th June, but if there's a few meeting up will do our best to be there.

Pam & Bob

#15 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

Sorry Dinny,
As much as I would love to attend I cannot get leave so will have to take a raincheck. Perhaps I will be able to catch up with you in July when I come over.
xxx
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#16 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

Oh, Dave, I really hope that if you finally make it out here in July you and your better half will have the time for a drive down South so that we can have an extra ExploreCrete Dinner just the three of us!! :D I could set up a barbeque in the garden, what do you think of sharing dinner with a dog, 2-4 grown up cats and 5 adorable kittens (Wheeney, Darling, Sweetie, Baby and Peter Pan)? Plus, of course, all the other weird animals that visit the garden these days: millions of ants (really interesting to watch), jumping spiders that bites a little if they are lucky (so my friend Jenny tells me, I have actually never ever seen any), nice little lazy lizards, flies in various sizes and shapes, bees, snails (but out of the 3 million I had, I think only 5,000 are left!), strange looking insects which do no harm but are curious to look at....

Well, maybe we will just settle for a cozy taverna? :lol:

#17 pat & pete

pat & pete

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

Hi Dinny, cant be 100% certain as to what day we will be in Pitsidia, we are aiming for 10th-13th approx, it's very difficult to say exactly when, is there any way we could contact you once we arrive in Pitsidia. Our plans are a bit vague at the moment, other than we intend to spend most of our holiday in the South & South-West. Hopefully we can meet up at some point. Pat & Pete.

#18 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:29 AM

Hi Pat & Pete
Why not just give me a call when you are heading South? My home number is
EDITED: Half the message disappeared when I inserted it. Maybe we are not allowed to put in telephone numbers here??????

I will try and fool the system: the first 5 numbers are 28920 and the last five numbers are 45231 :lol: I sure wiser than a computer system.... I hope!!! eheheh

OK, Pam & Bob will be here Monday 2nd around lunchtime and since they will probably stay just a week in this area you might just miss them. Lets see how it works out. Anyway, do not just pass my house without stopping to say hello!!

See you! :-)
Dinny

#19 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:50 AM

:D

You clever girl! You can also put your address on Google!
BTW, how about changing this thread to "Dinner in July" End of June the academy closes for holidays, and I think it's time we all meet in the flesh.

Sounds funny that last part :lol:
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#20 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:03 PM

Hi

Good idea Wim, what about a second Explore Crete dinner last week of July- I would be happy to make arrangements for Kritsa or Agios Nikolaos but would be equally happy to travel if interested people are in other parts of the island.

I know of various accomodation available in Kritsa in rooms, small hotels or houses to rent and would be happy to give contact details.
Kritsa Yvonne