#1 vladar

vladar

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:34 AM

Hello everybody,

I visiting Hersonissos for 1. May. is it that good time for visiting Crete?
I was 5-6 times on crete but never in May. Is there any people in that time?

Waterland, Aqua Park works or not?

Is it possible for swiming? Is there any place on crete where is no wind in that time? <_< like Island chrissi or something? (any part of crete).

B)

thx for replay

#2 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:52 AM

Hello Vladar,

I shall also be in Crete in early May. I've visited several times in May & have been able to subathe & swim in the sea, although the sea can still be cold! May is really the start of the tourist season and most places should be open, ie Waterland, Aqua Park etc.
The nice thing about Crete in May is that it is MUCH quieter that in July/August & September, with a lot less people around. However, because it is the start of the season, everything appears much fresher & the staff in hotels, bars, tavernas etc are less tired & have more time to spend with their guests.

Ros.

#3 vladar

vladar

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:38 PM

Thank You Ros,

But are u sure that Waterland, Aqua Park will work in that period? <_<
In wich Place & Hotel do you plan to be?

I will be in Hersonissos (Creta Maris). But also i will make a lot of exursions (Vai, Chrissi, Souigia, Paleohora...etc).

Regards,
Vladimir

#4 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:09 PM

Hi Vladimir,
Aquaworld is open from April 1st until the end of October, I would expect Waterland to be open as well, but I can't guarentee it.
I won't be staying in a hotel in a tourist area as I have a house in Crete. My house is in a small village 18kms south west of Heraklion 1km off the main road which leads down to Moires,Tymbaki, Matala & Agia Galini.
I arrive 25th April for 4 nights & then return on 5th May for 2 weeks. I have to work in between.

Have a good trip

Cheers

Ros