#1 LemonadeJoe

LemonadeJoe

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

Hi, folks!

I planing to go to Crete in July. Interested with the nightlife in Chania town and nearest villages.

Would you recommend any places and discribe Chania's nightlife at all?

Previously in 2003 I've been in Hersonissos, but now I'm afraid, it will be too teeny for me and I'd like to know W.Crete better.

Thank you in advance,
LJ.

#2 antreas

antreas

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

In Chania u can find some of the nicest summer clubs all over Greece.Basicly greek people getting there,but If get there don't miss the change visiting them.Mambo and Destyl are a must and u should defenetly get there.!I also recomment u to cacth the bus and visit rethymno.Lots of clubs are also there...
U r gonna have a great time in Chania it's a beautiful city... <_<
Antreas.

#3 LemonadeJoe

LemonadeJoe

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:53 AM

Thanks, antreas.

How about villages to the west from Chania like Platanias or Agia Marina? I heard abot good nightlife there? Am I wrong or missed some of the details? :rolleyes:

Rethymno? I've been there. Nice place.

In addition one more question, how about transportation between Chania and Platanias and Agia Marina late at night? Any night buses?
How much is taxi 4 bouth routs? Ain't asking about driving rented car in rhis case and I guess you know why. B)

#4 antreas

antreas

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:29 PM

believe me!!!All the nightlife is in platanias and agia marina.This is where i was talking about about when I was saying about chania.!!!!
In the downtown of chania u can find some really good bars but in platanias and agia marina you can find massive clubs.Theres no bus after 11 I think..but thats all right,u can still get there at 11 and come back at 6...really partying(who cares?u r there for holidays!! <_< )
Antreas.

#5 LemonadeJoe

LemonadeJoe

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:57 PM

who cares?u r there for holidays

Holidays? Arer you sure? What if I'm club's DJ or club barman <_<

Ok. I'll try to find accomodation in Ag.Mar. or Plat.

#6 Brook

Brook

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 03:30 PM

Totally agree about Platanias and Ag Marina. Best places for action on the beach during the day and partying at night! I can't wait to return! Chania and Western Crete has always been my favorite!

#7 LemonadeJoe

LemonadeJoe

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:39 AM

Well, well... I choose Ag. Marina... gonna pack the bag :-)

#8 Brook

Brook

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:50 PM

You will not regret your decision and it is a great homebase to go anywhere in Crete. Also try Falassarna for beautiful beaches. I recall Okeanos in Platanias as a great place for hanging out during the day. It's been a while, Summer 2000 to be exact but next year for sure!