9 replies to this topic

#1 lshall05

lshall05

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:15 PM

Just thought I'd say happy Easter to everyone who is celebrating Easter this weekend!

#2 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

Happy Easter as well - though it looks like being rather a wintry one - snow is even forecast. Never mind, I'm just finishing off the last bits of urgent work and then close down for the break. I have promised myself that tomorrow I will sit down and enjoy myself going through all the clips that Ray has recently posted on his web-site and take my mind off the horrible weather outside.

Pam

#3 Antero

Antero

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

Kaló Pásxa !

( we had snow here)
:(
András

#4 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:28 PM

Isn´t a little bit early guys to celebrate Pasxa? Don´t forget This is an Orthodox site. Mhh!!! whatever.

#5 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:32 AM

Ton, you should never miss it when you have TWO occasions to celebrate the same event! :( Like Saint Patricks Day this year: It is supposed to be on the 17th of March, but since this year is early Easter in the part of the world that is not orthodox, Saint Patricks Day was moved to the 15th of March instead. Being this celebration normally quite funny and with a lot of drinking, just think of the amazing opportunity to celebrate it twice! We have a couple of Irish people here, Paddy and Patricia, double namedays and double celebrations...

So, HAPPY EASTER to everyone - and remember us again next month when Easter hits Greece, OK? :)

#6 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:47 PM

...as though you need an excuse to celebrate :P :) :(
xx
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#7 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:52 PM

Cheers mate!

Posted Image
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#8 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:54 PM

Haha Wim, Iam not eating anymore bunnie choco after this!!

Hei Dinny whats going on with the new road from Pitsidia to Matala? Ive heard they chopped off all the trees? Would you be kind enough to take a picture or two and post them on this site? Does it mean that we can run now to Matala and back from Pitsidia without bouncing on cars?

Happy Happy 1stEaster

#9 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:15 AM

Ton, I have to whisper so that nobody will notice the small diversion of the original thread: Yes, they have chopped all the trees on the road to Matala, but I fear it will not mean that you can run all the way through to Matala, the freed space is apparently destinated for parking cars! Sigh! I cannot take a photo to post here, the only digital camera I had was the one in my cell phone, and that one has been out of order for months - am not missing it at all though!

#10 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:57 PM

Ssshhh. !!! Happy gone Easter Happy new coming Orthodox Easter. Would that do it Dinny? Thanks for the feed back. Parking Cars??? Who on earth wants to park his car on this road except the people who stop to take a pis...The last one who did this got killed by a car last year. They should put signs such as' if you want to take a leak.. cross the road at your own risk'. Happy easter!! I had Lamb and Horta last Sunday and watched a Disney movie with Tom and Jerry. :( :)