#41 househunter

househunter

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:03 AM

Hi Emma

If you want to meet me and my family for coffee, raki etc please note that me and my wife drink coffee or beer so if you want to drink someone under the table with raki then it's between you and our 10 y.o. son and maybe you'd lose!! :lol: :P :P

Oh I can't wait to watch!!
Dave.

#42 househunter

househunter

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:23 AM

:P :o To make it clear, I was only teasing in my comment about househunter. I don't really think he would be inviting himself anywhere for raki, tea or any other beverage, and he certainly wouldn't be meeting people without his family.

Hey Emma

This is confusing people now! :lol:

It's amazing how things can be misconstrued!

For Forum members, please note that this is not the case and that we only exchange friendly banter!

Your previous message could have been misconstrued too, so Forum members, please note that this is not the case and that we only exchange friendly banter!

Anyway, I hope you found the newsagents so you can do you laundry!!! :P ( That should cause some confusion!)

Chat later. Bye.

Dave

P.S. you are wrong here; . I don't really think he would be inviting himself anywhere for raki, tea or any other beverage.

I would indeed be inviting myself anywhere for raki, tea or any other beverage,

and right here ; and he certainly wouldn't be meeting people without his family.

I have to bring the family so I can be driven home after drinking and my son comes in handy for carrying a few cans/bottles and doggie bags :P :P :P
Dave.

#43 Fotini

Fotini

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:17 AM

Emma, I Know you were only teasing us:)

#44 househunter

househunter

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:55 PM

Thanks everyone, well it looks like we will have to suffer in order to research more, looks like we will have to endure having to spend time after time in Crete in our search for property etc, which will mean spending our holidays doing "hard work", but what can one do??

Might even have to suffer spending 2 or 3 holidays visiting Crete!! :P But "no pain, no gain"!!

Please send sympathy cards/emails!! :lol:

Oh, the hardship of it all!
Dave.

#45 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:38 PM

I know we have been "suffering" in this way for a couple of years, now - you have our sympathies.

However, do let us know when you plan to visit and if we're out at the same time, maybe we can meet up for a beer.

Pam & Bob

#46 Fotini

Fotini

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:27 PM

Househunter , I suppose combining holidays in Crete to property research is not bad at all.If you don't succeed in the reasearch part , at least you will have nice memories from the holiday part.
Always look at the bright side of life:)

#47 househunter

househunter

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:39 PM

Thanks very much! Good to see the sympathy is rolling in! :lol:

Not sure yet when we can visit as school holidays dictates most things, I'd go tonight if I could and put up with the "hardship".

Really can't wait to start putting the jigsaw pieces together.

It would be lovely to meet for a beer and chat with people, as we are always open to tips/advice etc and there are always things that arise in the course of visiting estate agents etc... then there is the other side of the coin where we might be able to give advice/tips etc, which we would also be very happy to do.

At least, the postings etc on this forum means that we don't feel alone even during our search and that others are in the same boat or been in the same boat.

As with property everywhere there are lots of "Do's", "Don'ts", tips, advice etc that can be shared and if you were buying n Ireland you'd need to research things too and ask questions....

It really is great to get so much advice and read different points-of-view etc and I have cut down my "fields" of search thanks to the forum.

Thanks everyone!
Dave.

#48 househunter

househunter

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

I know there are other people buying in Euro, but will the fall in value of Sterling have much affect on UK buyers this year?
Dave.

#49 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:51 AM

I know there are other people buying in Euro, but will the fall in value of Sterling have much affect on UK buyers this year?

Read this BBC article and don't forget to look at the dramatic fall of Pound in the link: See the pound's 12-month performance against the euro.

Pound vs Euro

If I were you Dave, I would buy €'s now anyhow and put it on a savings account. Or wait till it reaches it's rate from 12 month ago :mellow:
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#50 househunter

househunter

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:12 AM

Am actually thinking of buying Sterling.

1Yr ago I would have had to pay €1.50 approx to buy £1.00 Sterling , now it will only cost me €1.30 approx.

So I year ago if I changed €1000 I would only have got £660 but now I can get £750 approx, can't be bad.

I can also get a higher interest rate, then wait for Sterling to recover somewhat.

Reckon too that it will impact on property buyers from UK buying in Eurozone, so can't be a bad thing either.
Dave.