#1 Aurelia

Aurelia

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:51 PM

Hello,

I want to add some Greek music to my very small collection of CD's and write to ask for suggestions.
Perhaps if this has already been discussed you will be kind enough to point me to a link on this forum.
I like dreamy, melodic instrumentals and my favorite to date is "Dreaming With Greek Music."

I am a person who listens to the radio rather than collects CD's so my knowledge of what is out
there is extremely limited. I don't have an ipod. I work at my Mac computer most of the day and I have itunes. On itunes
I listen primarily to classical, opera, and jazz.

Perhaps you could refer me to links to Greek radio stations?

Thanking you in advance.

aurelia
  • nesterdron , BrantSl , Thomaspn and 1 other like this

#2 Aurelia

Aurelia

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:49 PM

Win, in my search to see if any CD's have been recommended on this forum, I
came across your post regarding "Erotokritos: A Medieval Tale of Love." Have
you enjoyed this CD?

#3 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:58 PM

Absolutely fabulous***** You'll love it Aurelia.

Did you check the music in my music topic?

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#4 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

During my current introduction and search for Greek music I have found to my cost that there are a number of CDs that have been issued with different titles and by different 'publishers' (sorry, can't think of the correct word) but when received are exactly the same. The latest CDs on which this has happened are by The Royal Greek Festival Company. The first is entitled 'Authentic Greek Folk Songs and Dances' issued by Legacy International, the second is titled 'Greek Folk Songs and Dances' issued by Collectables Records. The sleeve notes and music are identical.
I don't really mind as I can play one over and over until it is no more and then have a decent copy available and they were 'cut price' CDs, I would have been most annoyed if I had paid the full price.
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#5 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:54 AM

I've just found a site with a vast colection of Greek music (not surprising really as they are based in Thessaloniki). The only downside is that you need to know what you are seeking as the notes don't really provide you with much information apart from the songs included. So you could purchase a CD that isn't really to your taste. They also sell DVD's. I have enjoyed just looking through the site and looking at the vast selection that is available. The site is studio52.gr.
Whooops...sorry guys...advertising! :D

#6 Guest_monika2610_*

Guest_monika2610_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for link Cretan shop, I am also looking for a good greece music, to remind me vacation last year...

#7 LetsGo

LetsGo

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:10 PM

I adore Greek music - thanks for the posts!!

#8 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:10 AM

If you enjoy Greek music and haven't discovered it there is a great radio web site that plays Greek music. It is www.arionradio.com. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. ^_^