6 replies to this topic

#1 TEFL-Greece

TEFL-Greece

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:49 AM

Fully furnished English language school in the centre of Chania is now on sale.

The school has two classrooms, a spacious entrance and study area, a computer lab/resource library, two bathrooms, a kitchen and a staff office. There is also a large outdoor terrace with tables and chairs. The building is rented at 500 euros per month.

The sale includes all materials and furnishings:

*Fully stocked EFL resource library with over one hundred EFL textbooks for all skill levels, Cambridge exam preparation books, grammar books, dictionaries, audio tapes and CDs
*Three desktop computers, four printers, modem for DSL internet connection and wireless router providing a Wi-Fi internet zone throughout the school
*Panasonic photocopier
*Telephone and fax machine
*Desks, tables, chairs, classroom white boards, flip chart presentation boards and a heating/air conditioning unit in each classroom
*Large Refrigerator, basic cooking facilities and utensils (hot plate, sandwich maker, tea and coffee makers, glasses, mugs, plates, utensils, etc) and a washing machine in the kitchen

The premises are currently functioning as a franchise of an international teacher training centre. This is an opportunity to purchase the franchise or to convert the school into a Frontisteria. Since the school is fully equipped and operating, there is quick turnaround potential for any buyer.

The owner, regrettably, must leave Greece and return home for family reasons and therefore needs to sell quickly. The price is 15,000 euros or best offer.

Please contact: 28210 53052 or 697 969 5652 or [email protected]

#2 Mihaela

Mihaela

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

CLARIFICATION:
I have read the posting about the TEFL teacher training centre which is for sale and I would like to clarify this issue.
For the ones interested in TEFL/TESOL Certificate courses, please note that the business for sale is TEFL Greece. This has NO connection with the other TEFL/TESOL Teacher Training (INTESOL Greece) centre that is also located in central Chania. INTESOL Greece is still running all year round.
Thank you!

#3 househunter

househunter

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:51 PM

I presume €15000 is for the lease....
Dave.

#4 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:56 PM

and franchise possibly.

I'm wondering if this is the Via Lingua school. Peter Beech owns the franchise and they've had some problems in the past but I heard an American named Sara had taken the Chania school over and improved it.

Of course that could be one big assumption.
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#5 househunter

househunter

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:05 PM

Might have been interested but if the school in Heraklion could possibly close there's not much point.

How's the TEFL going?
Dave.

#6 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

I fly out Wednesday.

I should probably be panicking more!
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#7 househunter

househunter

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:40 AM

You'll be fine.............

Good luck!
Dave.