#21 Lesley

Lesley

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:19 PM

Hi HH Welcome..
Don't know if this will be of any use to you but another couple moved over to Crete earlier this year, they have a 12 year old daughter who speaks very little Greek (she started taking some classes in the UK) Anyhow, she has been enrolled in a school in Vamos. Her parents seemed really pleased with it, don't know all the info, I don't have any young children so never got into all the details.

WHich part of Ireland are you from? I know a few people from Dublin.

#22 househunter

househunter

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:25 PM

Hi

Thanks for reply.

I'm not sure if we would take that chance, while he is good at learning etc it is the one aspect we will have to get right.

If we get the education part right then everything else can be built around it, house can be changed etc if we don't like it, but if our house was really nice, in a beautiful location etc it's not much good if he is not getting a decent education.

I certainly do not want him put back a year or two in school either and as this appears to be the only International School in Crete I will need to check it out first.

This is what I will check out with the school "In the 2007 / 2008 term the school will offer a Grade 5 class, as Grade 4 pupils move up a year, and continue adding Grades each year until the school eventually offers a full range of classes from nursery to secondary education."

If indeed this is the case then it would simplify things.

Originally from Clontarf area of Dublin but I've been known to haunt places all over Dublin!! :blush: and Ireland! and other part of the globe!! ;)

Mum in law was a Scouser!!
Dave.

#23 househunter

househunter

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:29 PM

Thanks guy, reckon I'll have to travel to Crete to find out more.

Don't reckon I can cover everything in an email to the school.
Dave.