46 replies to this topic

#41 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:50 AM

Thanks Wim Ifind whats good for one is bad for another will still have a good holiday, like the longbow pose did you hit the target and don't say you got the bull
  • Richardtatt , Robertbot , ArthurCOact and 1 other like this

#42 Mike &Jane

Mike &Jane

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:57 AM

Hi to Laid Back Lil & Pam. Sorry, we won't get to meet again Lil. I can't find Pam's posting but I seem to recall you and Bob will be in Kalives at some time. We have booked Dad into the Akti Galini, while the rest of us are staying at Zourpas. Will explain if/when we see you. Will keep a look out for you in the Potamos in the evenings. We are arriving 30th Sept and leaving on 7th October. Looking forward to showing off our fave places to the rest of the family, but cautious of trying to do too much. It is a holiday after all!
Only 5 weeks to go. Hurrah
Mike & Jane

#43 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:03 PM

Hi, Mike & Jane and Laid Back Lil. We're in Crete from 27th to 6th October, so unfortunately we will miss Lil again. We haven't firmed up our plans yet, but do plan to be in Kalyves at some time - will post when we've got things sorted, so hopefully will be able to meet up with Mike & Jane. I promise to make sure my mobile is working this time!

As for our plans, we're now leaning more to around the Kalyves area, probably Neo Choria or Armeni if we can find the right plot to buy. We're not in any hurry though - I've still got a couple of year before I plan to retire. Hopefully the property market will have picked up by then as we'll need to sell the house to fund the move.

Pam & Bob

#44 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

Worries over just had an email from a person who got back from Dedalus app to say they are fine and no problems and they have a kettle. :D

#45 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:15 PM

Leaving for the airport in 2 hours time!!! Yippee 5 week in Crete.

Ros.

#46 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:03 PM

The advance party sent off for Crete today my son and his partner 2 Sept at 2pm, they should be landing at Heraklion airport about 8pm Greek time, should arrive at koutalafari about 9-30pm. then next week its my turn been a long wait but now its almost here cant wait for that first drink of Mythos at the pool bar, then after a few days i will be sick of it, im a beer drinker not larger. :D

#47 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:29 AM

Right, finally got our next holiday sorted - arrive 26th Sept and drive down south to Pitsidia the following day, stopping to meet Ros on the way. 1st October, drive to Kalyves via the Amari valley for lunch. We were thinking of staying overnight in the Amari, but it's only a short holiday and we don't like living out of a suitcase too much. In Kalyves for 4 nights, so we'll definitely be able to meet up with you, Mike & Jane. We're staying at the Apokoros apartments, just up from the harbour. Last night, hopefully Fodele, and fly back to UK on 6th October. I rather wish I'd booked for longer now as the weather has been so awful here, but there's always next year.

If anybody else is around Pitsidia/Kalyves while we're there, do let us know - be good to meet up for a drink.

Pam & Bob