46 replies to this topic

#21 David and Glenda

David and Glenda

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

We'll be out to our little house in Skopi to do the painting and electrics and, hopefully, the garden on the following dates if anybody wants to come and help :)
27th May - 6th of June
03 - 17 Oct
26th Dec - 2nd Jan
I'm sorry, but you missed the trips out in January and March, not that we got much done!
Regards
David
Skopi used to be a nice place til we arrived

#22 aardigman

aardigman

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:50 PM

Hi Going next week to Crete 3rd of May until 17th and will be staying in Grouves, however hope to travel around to Matala and Galini and the south of the island.will anyone be around that area at that time. my name is Kieran I am Irish and 55 years and will be traveling with one wife, still the first one after 30 years lol so maybe you might be in the same area. for a drink or five lol

#23 Joy-H

Joy-H

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

Going to Stalis June 17th -July1st, anyone else?

#24 manolaki7

manolaki7

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:39 PM

if anybody is in rethymno you have to go to a xorio(village) up in the mountains called ano meros... it is where my ansesors are from and it is only a mile long but it is amazing...you have a perfect view of psiloritis which is across from ano meros and if you take a tour bus there is a guy from the xorio that sells authenic bastounia(canes made out of wood)...there are cafenios and the people there are veeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrryyyyy nice B) ...but dont expect anything fansy there...theres no internet cafes or anything... all there is are cafenios houses and provata(the sheep they own that they milk to make money)

#25 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:12 AM

Finally managed to get flights from Cardiff, unfortunately not to Chania so a little drive back to Kalyves but at least it beats driving up the M4 to London. All that is left to do now is book accommodation............so here we come 22/7 - 5/8. Dinny, expect visitors!!!!! Don't panic, we'll only come for a small drink one day, not for the whole fortnight! I'll PM you nearer the date ( that's a threat not a promise :rolleyes: )
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#26 Mike &Jane

Mike &Jane

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:30 PM

Arriving 30th Sept en masse - well there'll be five of us - staying in Kalyves until 7th Oct. It's only a week but that's all we can manage that time of year. Will be renting a car so will be buzzing about, one newby to Crete in party will have to be shown sites and convert him to cretophilia. Will prob be around Kalyves in evenings if anyone wants to meet for drink.

#27 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:39 PM

All travel arrangements have now been made for our next drive to Crete - we will set off from the UK on 14th June for 3 months yipeeee
:P ;) :)
Kritsa Yvonne

#28 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

Three months, you lucky thing Yvonne!

It looks like I'll be returning to Crete this September after all (Yay!). Back out to Tavronitis again for 2 weeks. I can't wait, I miss Crete...
Curiouser and curiouser.....

#29 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:54 AM

Only a couple more weeks of this incessant rain and then hopefully the warmth of the Mediterranean sun. Kalyves, the call is getting closer and louder.
We are really looking forward to meeting some old friends and to yet again sharing Cretan hospitality.
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#30 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:42 PM

Just a quick note to wish Yvonne a good trip to Crete on Monday (you said 14th June above, but I know from another post that I can't find now, it's actually July). Hope you have a great time and we look forward to reading all about it.

Pam & Bob

#31 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

I've just managed to get myself 4 nights in Crete flying out 1st August :D
I was finding it almost impossible to wait until the 30th August!

Ros.

#32 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:56 PM

I shall be returning to Tavronitis three weeks today.... not that I'm counting or anything, oh no! :mellow:
Curiouser and curiouser.....

#33 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:41 PM

Four weeks on Tuesday Thank God Hope to see Bill Jenkins at Manchester Airport for a chat, would have loved to have met Wim in Crete to see if he is the same person as he portrays on the site :mellow:

#34 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:29 PM

:mellow:

Count your blessings Bondo. I'm even worse...

Drink a bottle of two tsipouro on my health when there (not necessarily on one evening) and enjoy...

Just to make sure you haven't missed anything here's one of my latest portrayals'

Δημοσιευμένη  εικόνα

As I explained in the "Choices" topic I don't know yet when I'll go to Crete to arrange boarding possibilities. I neither am sure if Galini is going to be my "destiny" I'm thinking more and more of Sfakia because it's less "troubled" and the area is a real treat with long and winding roads in the backyard and the E4 at a short distance.

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#35 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

Can not make out what you are holding up and whats the medal Wim

#36 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:01 PM

Just had an email from another travel site, about Dedalus app in Koutouloufari, it says a lot of Dutch use the app and on Dutch travel sites they dont give the app a good write up will have to see. Not bothered about the Dutch people i can get on with anybody i wonder if they will have heard about Wim.

#37 bondopollis

bondopollis

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

Tickets arrived today for the big silver bird fly on 9th of Sept, thought Wim would have had a look on the Dutch web sites about Dedalus apartments not to worry will have to grin and bare it, :(

#38 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:36 PM

Sorry there Bondo must have missed something.

Don't know Koutouloufari that much. I did look up some reviews but I think those things are too personal and depend largely on experience. Especially the Dutch always have a too high money/quality expectation which ends up to low prices/high quality. E.g. some appreciated the location and the hotel with a 9 others with 5. An overall score of 7 out of 93 evaluations is not bad I think.

I was once in Koutouloufari, during a round trip, and had a frappé (the Greek one) nice place but I prefer the south :D

Have a nice time.

Δημοσιευμένη  εικόνα

:(
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#39 Laid Back Lil

Laid Back Lil

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:44 PM

Hi Jane & Mike, we're going to miss you by days either side of your trip to Kalyves. We're out 11 Sept for a long weekend via Heraklion, and again mid October, otherwise would have loved to have met up for a drink or two. Didn't think you were going to manage Crete again this year and were going somewhere else? Couldn't stay away eh? Have a fab holiday

#40 Laid Back Lil

Laid Back Lil

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:47 PM

Pam & Bob - we will get to meet you finally I'm sure but again, I think we'll miss by days. We're out 11 (or early hours of 12 Sept) for 4 days, then 16 Oct for 3 days. What's your plans... are you still 'looking?'