#1 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:04 PM

The new listing as a follow up for the 2007

We all know the rules of "engagement" No?
Yes B)

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#2 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:15 PM

O.K. if all works out, and the tax authorities will let me B) I remove to retire in Galini (area) in December.
I'm not sure yet but I think I'll start a little consultancy to help people buy a house and make refurbishing plans on an unbound base. So no attachments strings or whatsoever.

Oh my, is this an advertisement? If so, I'll probably see it removed by one or another moderator. :D

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#3 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:45 PM

Wim, bet you can't wait, but as I said in another thread it's only one year and I'm sure it'll go quickly.

As for our plans, I've booked flights to come out on 1st June, going back 16th June next year. This is later than normal, but the flights were a lot cheaper if we avoided the English half-term period over the Spring bank holiday. Also, it's likely to be quite hot then and it'll be useful to see if Bob can tolerate the hot weather I- I don't care as long as I'm near the sea and can cool off with a swim and somewhere shady to sit and have a cool drink. We haven't made any other plans yet, but we'll certainly be spending time around Matala in the south and Kalyves in the north.

Pam & Bob

#4 antreas

antreas

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

Georgioupolis as usual...
Antreas.

#5 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:14 PM

Might be in Crete towards the end of March. Not decided where to go yet but might explore the north-west coast.
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#6 lshall05

lshall05

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:13 PM

We're hoping to be over in Malia for Greek Easter and then the next time should be in November when we move over permanently!! :lol:

#7 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:36 AM

Can't wait to get back, 1st trip beginning of March for 8 nights, & then I'm coming over for Greek Easter weekend.
I shall also be in Crete for 2 weeks in May & the first 3 weeks of September.
I wish I could move now, but it's not to be for another couple of years. But then again who knows......

Ros.

#8 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:28 PM

Looks like everyone will be in Crete for Greek Easter! I feel daft going home before then but I'll have had my 90 days in Greece by that point.
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#9 Laid Back Lil

Laid Back Lil

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:20 PM

Hi, we're out again, 6 May for one week and 2 weeks 15 July. Souda area as norm. ;)

#10 BrianW

BrianW

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:39 PM

Hello all,we are going to Elounda on 23rd May 2008 for one week,anyone else going then like to meet up?

#11 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:08 PM

Elounda's nice but I prefered Plaka. Looked like there was a lot of expansion going on though, when I was there last autumn.

Is no-one going to be in Crete at end of March/beginning of April?

#12 BrianW

BrianW

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:05 PM

Thanks Emma,we will visit Plaka now that you have mentioned it

#13 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

There are lots of fish restaurants on the front and there's a cracking view of Spinalonga. Not a lot else there but that's half the attraction for some people.

:rolleyes:

#14 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:08 PM

Emma you should read the starting thread in the 2007 topic.

:rolleyes:

#15 maisie

maisie

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 02:13 AM

Hi All,

Just booked at the weekend for September,this will be our 3rd year to Crete,still so much to see and do on this beautiful island

so excited now we have booked. Intend seeing a lot more of the island this year.
Maisie[quote]i love Greece

#16 Hooly

Hooly

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:16 AM

Already booked before the GB takeover for 10 days over Easter and 12 days at the end of June into early July. Late April will be the 1st stay in our, hopefully by then, renovated little house in Kalo Horio and in June we'll also have friends staying just up the road in one of the houses where we've holidayed until last year. Which'll be nice.

The early October flights have just appeared on easyJet so, as it's supposed to be doom & gloom with them in future years, I've literally sorted flights 20 minutes ago for another 10 days for late Sep/early Oct costing under £130 for the pair of us. Happy as a sandboy! :o

Pete

#17 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:26 PM

After seeing this had a look myself and while not as cheap as that got 2 x return flights for £160 late September/early Oct, so very happy as well!

April is still quite expensive, though.

Pam & Bob

#18 lshall05

lshall05

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:42 PM

We've just booked our flights so we'll be in Malia from 23 - 29 April

#19 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:40 PM

Easy Jet now booked for 21st April to 10th May and looking forward to a very Happy Easter break. Will have worked 3 months so feel deserving and will then head back to UK to work another 3 months and then............. B)
Kritsa Yvonne

#20 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:33 PM

Hi everybody!

I am going to Crete, Chania in April, and will be there for Easter!

I am a 23 year old girl.

Are you going as well? This is my second year there. What are you going to do? Where are you going to live?
Tell me, maybe we can meet up!

Athina

Thought I'll help Athina a bit.

:)