2 replies to this topic

#1 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:37 PM

Some time ago I applied to study on a TEFL course in Athens. Today I had my interview and was accepted onto the course.

:D

It's a 4 week course in February and although it will be very intensive, I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm hoping to travel when the course has finished. Seems a shame to be in Greece and not have a look around! So after spending some time in Athens, I hope to go island hopping. Ferries permitting, I hope to visit Sifnos, Paros, Thera and erm....what's that big island in the Libyan Sea? Oh yes, CRETE!

B)

I shall very much take it as it comes which I suspect is the only possible approach to island hopping in winter. I was wondering though, when carnival season will be next year? I know Greek easter is April 27th and carnival is about 6 weeks before that? This would put it in mid-March I think.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions for places to visit or good places to visit carnivals, then I am all ears.

B)
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#2 Fotini

Fotini

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:30 PM

You could visit Rethymno during the carnivsl season and you will have a very nice time there . I don't Know exactly when the carnival starts but i will find out and inform you as soon as possible.What seminar are you going to attend in Athens?

#3 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:57 PM

Thank you Fotini, it would be fabulous if you could find out for me.

It's a CELTA accredited course and will enable me to teach English. Hopefully I'll be able to find a post in Greece but at the moment I would prefer to teach in Europe. I know there a lot of well-paid teaching jobs in Japan, China and the Middle East but these places don't apeal to me.
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.