#1 Ray

Ray

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:21 PM

Hi all,

You may not have heard yet but there is a new newspaper in English released in Crete this week. It is called the Crete Courier and should be available in all the usual places.

Here is the announcement:

"Well here it is ' THE CRETE COURIER'! Four days late! But here! 24 Pages in the Promotional Issue - looks good.

If any of you would like copies - The first issue is free, all further issues are 2 euros. They are
for sale in outlets all over Crete. If you cannot get one email me at ruru29 at btinternet dot com .

The Crete Courier is a fortnightly (or thereabouts!) newspaper for the English Speaking Community of
Crete, it has a plethora of information and local stories and is aimed at the ex-pat community and those who are looking to come here in the future. It covers the whole of the island and will be distributed throughout the whole of the island.

Any contributions gratefully received (articles that is), and any relevant news stories etc., would be welcome.

Sue Watt."

By the way I have no association with this newspaper except that I write articles for them.

Ray

#2 poppypiper

poppypiper

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:56 PM

Hi,

I have been trying to contact The Crete Courier and in particular Susan Jill Watt. She asked be about my September 2008 civilian war memorials pilgrimage to Crete. I have sent several emails but they have been undelivered perhaps my fault. Anyway I will be arriving in The Despo Hotel, Gouves on the 9th September 2008.

#3 lshall05

lshall05

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:00 PM

Hi Poppypiper

I've sent you a PM.

Lynn

#4 BillMayor

BillMayor

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:23 PM

Best of luck to the new Crete Courier; I would like a copy and will email as directed. Will it be available in UK, by post?
Cheers Bill

#5 lshall05

lshall05

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

Bill

The email address is now cretecourierinfo @ btinternet.com (remove the spaces).

It is available by post.

Lynn