2 replies to this topic

#1 little mo

little mo

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:20 PM

Well. I know we are going back to England for the winter but I didn't expect the English weather to come to me here in Crete. We have had lashing rain all night, thunder and lightning and HAILSTONES this morning. We had a strange mini tornado/hurricane last night which seemed to swirl around the house and constant rain for over 12 hours and looking at the sky it is set in for the day. Is it doing all this up North, we are in the South near Agia Deka. One good thing is it's still very warm. I can't remember it doing this last year or the year before. :D :(

#2 Nita

Nita

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:45 PM

Here in the northwest, near Chania, it rained all night including a couple of claps of thunder. We had a few early morning showers but now it's dry although overcast. This is quite normal for October, this time last year, or possibly a little earlier in October, we had torrential rain. Back in the UK apparently, or in Norfolk at least, it is dry but cold. I know where I'd rather be here at least I've got all the doors and windows open and it's around 22 deg.

#3 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:17 PM

Hi, sorry to hear about the hailstones in the South - that must be unusual. Here in the UK it's bright but cold - sitting here working with the heating on and doors firmly shut. I hope no damage has been done or any flodding?

Fingers crossed it improves soon for yourselves in Crete.

Pam