7 replies to this topic

#1 koko

koko

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:19 AM

Hello Crete Forum! I'm koko and I live on Vancouver Island in B.C. with my husband, 2 dogs, 3 cats and some chickens. So we live an island life here as well-but quite temperately different. We get lots of rain here autumn-spring so it's normally very green here. We visited the beautiful island of Crete in 2002 and spent most of our time in Paleochora. We're hoping to go back there in "09 if we can save up! We visited in Feb. but it felt like mid spring to us. We're hoping to go in May next time. Take care, koko :D

#2 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:43 AM

Nice to have you on the board Koko and yes indeed February and May are excellent periods to stay on the island. I too loved Paleochora it's one of those parts of Crete that hasn't yet been spoiled by mass tourism.

You, being Canadian, and Paleo reminds me of a dear Canadian friend I met on the island (Agia Galini) called Suzan Thompson. We travelled the island and later on Egypt, India and Nepal. In Mumbai we parted, she went back home to Victoria and I returned to Crete, it was the last time I saw her. We kept writing though but, as you can imagine, we lost contact in the long run. Such a shame.

Keep us informed and write about your adventures in Crete :(

:D
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#3 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:15 PM

Wim you are becoming very nostalgic about the old times you spent with Suzan. Take the initiative and find her. It's never too late. With the Internet in nowdays you can find almost anyone. Suzan is propably wandering why all this time you did not make contact. Keep us apprised.

#4 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:21 PM

:( Ton,

I do?
Fact is I checked the whole net and still do. Even asked friends in the USA to help me find her. But no way. The people that live in her house in Victoria, of course I still have the address, had no idea where she lives.
Mind you if she's married she probably changed her name.! Which makes her a needle in a haystack...

In fact Ton by using a board like this I make it easier for her to know I'm looking for her because when you enter Suzan Crete in Google you get this topic as a hit..

She liked travelling, her last destination I was informed about was Japan. But that was in 1984!!! Asked the Canadian Embassy here in The Hague if they could help me, but they couldn't. So I'm afraid I will stay nostalgic for the time being until I found her :(

No I won't, but still. Here's a pic I took in Egypt at the temple of Hatsjepsoet.

.Δημοσιευμένη  εικόνα
Gosh. I know it's 27 years ago.

:D
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#5 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:25 PM

If you know the school she graduated perhaps they might have her present address in their records.
Don't give up and good luck. Perhaps someone from this forum might be able to help????

#6 Viking Tom

Viking Tom

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:52 AM

Hi Wim,
If you really want to find her I suggest you find a Private Investigator in the area, they should be able to trace her. I'm a P.I. in the UK and most people can be found eventually. It may take time and a few hundred dollars but it's worth it, believe me.

Tom

#7 Manolis

Manolis

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:39 PM

Hello to you!!!
Chania House Care

#8 Viking Tom

Viking Tom