6 replies to this topic

#1 foggy11

foggy11

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 02:51 PM

Hi there, im going to crete for a week on the 15th October and we will be staying in hersonisoss. What i would like to know is what kind of weather to expect at that time of the year, i wanted to go in October as i do not like a really hot holiday that i would get in the summer months,but now im unsure that i have chosen right becuase ive been told it can be quite rainy/dull/windy at that time of the year also. Can anyone elaborate on this for me and tell me once and for all what kind of weather to expect, eg Temperatures, wind,rain.

Thanks

Colin

#2 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:17 PM

Whilst I don't have a crystal ball and you'll get no refund if I am wrong I think you will have a great time.

Head for the beach the first week and take jackets to wear in the evenings - be prepared to explore more in the second week if the weather cools down and don't be surprised if you get a thunder storm.

Whatever the weather, visit a town or village centre on the morning of 28th October and enjoy the Oxi Day celebrations.

Let us know how you get on.

Have fun! <_<
Kritsa Yvonne

#3 foggy11

foggy11

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:26 PM

Thanks for the reply, unfortunatley im not there on the 28th,im going from the 15th to the 24th. So basically i can expect good weather but a few rainy days also and a thunder storm (perish the thought).

#4 Assim

Assim

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:31 PM

explorecrete weather page

#5 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:04 AM

you were there the same week as me

:D

Apart froma couple of rain storms at the end of the week, it was pretty good.

Apologies for the English weather obsession.
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#6 Henry Hooray

Henry Hooray

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:33 PM

We stayed in Stalis the last two weeks of October several years ago. Every morning we woke up to clear blue skies ...

And every morning at 11 it all clouded over, for the rest of the day. Every day. We frequently went to Elounda, where the sun always seemed to shine! Mallia and other places had the sun too, but we didn't.

Added to this that I didn't rate Stalis at all (even though during my very first visit to Crete I stayed at Anthoussa Beach), because of the way it seems to me that it's simply a purpose built construction for tourists, it probably wasn't our best ever holiday in Greece.

Hasn't stopped us from keeping going to this wonderful island in the Med, though!

#7 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:01 PM

Hello Foggy!

How was the weather like in Stalis? Cant help but thinking it is called Stalag 17 ;)

:D
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."