3 replies to this topic

#1 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:06 AM

Selfishly, I was very sad reading about the discontinuation of the Crete Gazette, I will miss it very much and so will my little local group to which I have distributed a few copies over the last year. But I do understand that with few readers you cannot sell advertising - and if Yannis efforts can be place somewhere with a bit more remunerative results I guess it is the right choice.

Still, it's sad news!

#2 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:09 PM

I too will miss the gazette as I particularly enjoyed the news based articles but it must have been hard to decide what info should go into the Gazette and what onto Explore Crete - I think the Greece Directory will return a better return for the time Yiannis will spend on it.
Kritsa Yvonne

#3 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:36 PM

Yes, sad news indeed. I hadn't managed to see a printed version until this summer, when sitting in a harbourside taverna in Kissamos I noticed some copies.
What more could one ask for? Good company, good food & drink and a great read.
I'm only glad that I managed to find a copy.
My thanks to Yannis and all the contributors for their hard work in producing such an excellent paper.
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#4 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:28 PM

Yes, I agree with you all.
Yannis did a hell of a job, and we owe him much, but we shouldn't forget about good old Lou though.

:D
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."