8 replies to this topic

#1 Elenitsa

Elenitsa

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:30 PM

Hello to you all. Thanks for such an informative site and forum. We're hoping to travel to Lendas for a few days the week after next. The problem is that there is no way we'll be able to make the afternoon bus. So we've decided to get the bus to either Agii Deka or Mires and catch a taxi. Which is the best place to do this?? I know that Ag Deka is closer to Lendas, but are taxis available there??

Thanks in advance for your help

Helen

#2 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:37 PM

I don't know about Agia Deka, but I did drive through Mires a few times in July & I did see taxis waiting there. Sorry I don't know the name of the street but it was the main one as you drive south through Mires for Timbaki. I think it was not far from the bus station/main stop.

Ros.

#3 Elenitsa

Elenitsa

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for that - I was hoping that there might be somewhere in Agii Deka as it's so close to Gortys...

#4 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:49 PM

I too am confident that there will be taxis in Mires, it is a big town with lots of local industry etc, but I am not so sure about Agia Deka. It may be the case that our webmaster may know, in which case I am sure he will advise.
Tim

#5 Elenitsa

Elenitsa

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:18 PM

Thanks. If there aren't any taxis at least we can get a bus on to Matala. Never been to this part of Crete before, but my motto is "Always prepare, but never plan!"

#6 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:45 AM

There must be at least one taxi in Agioi Deka too, but I don't have any safe information.
The website of a hotel in Lentas mentions that on weekends there is no bus to Lentas, so you can take the taxi from Agioi Deka, which will cost 25 Euro for the ride to Lentas. The information was last updated on 2006.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#7 Elenitsa

Elenitsa

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:50 PM

Thanks, it was that website that gave me the idea that I might be able to get a taxi from Agii Deka. Either way, I'll be seeing something new - so I don't mind!

#8 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:21 PM

We stayed for one night in Agia Deka a couple of years ago and don't recall seeing a taxi stand - it's probably too small for there to be enough custom to warrant a taxi hanging about. You best bet would be to go into the taverna just on the left hand side (sorry, can't remember the name) and ask in there - they would probably have a number for a local taxi. You might need to wait a bit, but if you're hungry, try the food - this was where we stayed and the food was very tasty.

Pam & Bob

#9 Elenitsa

Elenitsa

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:02 PM

So much information B) thanks a lot, sounds like a good plan. If we do what we're thinking of doing, we will probably be in need of a break about then. Will probably be catching the Saturday 07.00 bus up from Sfakia if all goes to plan so should be hitting Agioi Deka around 13.00?(ish) - so breakfast in Vrisses, 11ses in Heraklion, lunch in Agioi Deka and dinner in Lendas - my kind of day!

That's if we don't end up in Matala...or Myrtos...or Sougia.... :o

Helen