#1 rainbowkaath

rainbowkaath

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:54 PM

Hi All

Wil be visistng Crete for 1st time at begining of September, staying for 2 weeks in Stalis.

Going to be staying at Anemi apartments, and have read a few good reviews about them, has anyone stayed here?

Also, we are hiring a car for 3 days, so can anyone give me ideas of some places to visit within easy driving distance to Stalis

Also, what does the temperatutr rise to in early September

Thanks all

Kath

#2 SteveB

SteveB

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:39 PM

Hi Kath,and welcome,thought Id replied to you couple of days back,but for some reason,it didnt show up.
Yes there are lots of places within easy reach by car,Ag.Nik,Elounda,Lasithi plateau,the Dicti cave,Irapetra,hersonisos(good for shops)
An interesting experience if you can make a Saturday morning,is the open air Bazzare and market in Heraklion,and of cours Knossos and the museums.
Kritsa is not too far away,if you go there recopmend go out other side of village,and drive up to top,Katharo Plateau(tavernas at top)
Also close by,are Sissi and Milatos.heading west past Heraklion,Bali and Rethymnon are less than 2 hours drive and worth a visit.The thing is,explore,and enjoy this wonderful island and its people.
Yiasoo,steve.B

#3 kati

kati

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:37 AM

Hi Kath
You will enjoy your stay in Stalis it is a magic place. I stayed at the Anemi four years ago. It was a very friendly family run Hotel. The barman (forgotten his name) has a catchphrase "very nice , very nice" every time he sees you dressed up in the evening. You will enjoy your stay. I am going back for the second time this year in September should still be quite hot !

Have a great time

Kati