7 replies to this topic

#1 SteveB

SteveB

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:54 PM

:D Having just read the new rules(Crete Gazette),I love the last one!
Yannis,would I be mistaken in thinking you added that one!

#2 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:19 PM

I think I will be eligible for a fine! I have no idea what the 'MOT' is....

And as all over the world "The Law doesn't acknowledge ignorance" I shall probably be eligible for hundreds of other fines, not knowing the language is dangerous!!! :)

#3 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:31 PM

The T must stand for TAX :D

I had more troubles with the hanky-panky :)

The expression hanky-panky has more than one meaning, generally used to mean any number of activities of which the speaker does not approve, as in "I think there was some hanky-panky with the last election." or "The kids were up to some hanky-panky just now, but they had innocent looks on their faces when I looked in on them." The expression may often connote sexual behavior....

Gee Steve do you have a dirty mind :o well as the bard said; "its a joy for ever"

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#4 lars

lars

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:17 AM

What is an MOT?

The MOT scheme is primarily a road safety measure designed to ensure as far as possible that all cars, motorcycles and light goods vehicles more than 3 years old

are properly maintained and;
at least once a year are examined at an authorised MOT test station to make sure that they comply with certain important requirements of the law
M.O.T. Stands for Ministry Of Transport

Remember- the test certificate relates only to the condition of the testable items at the time of the test and should not be regarded as evidence of their condition at any other time; nor should it be accepted as evidence of the general mechanical condition of the vehicle

Well I guess this the UK MOT.
Is there really a MOT in Greece, I wonder.
??????
???????? ?????? ????????? ??????

#5 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

Lars, it can't be that my car should be checked at least once a year??? :D I mean, I have the yearly 'exhaust fumes' check done once a year, but the rest of the car is hopefully not supposed to undergo a total check every year? Otherwise, YES, I'm eligible for a MOT fine! :)

#6 lars

lars

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:46 AM

Well Dinny, I do not know the rules in Greece, if there are any at all.
(When looking at all those cars without lights, doors and so on I wonder)
My text goes for UK.
Here in Sweden we have to check our cars once a year when it is older than three years.
??????
???????? ?????? ????????? ??????

#7 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:37 PM

Dinny,
don't worry. Taking your car to the KTEO (technical control, private or state) every 2 years is what the law commands.
Only the exhaust fumes level has to be checked every year, although most of us forget to do it.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#8 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 04:13 PM

Just read in the Danish online newspaper Politiken yesterday that hiring a scooter in Greece when your driver's license is only valid for cars will get you directly to jail in case of an accident. The insurance doesn't cover damages since you did not have the correct driving license for the transportation. The rental shops tend to 'forget' to insist on the correct drivers license, since if they refuse to rent the scooter to somebody with a license for cars only, this 'someone' will just go around the corner to the next rental shop and get his scooter without problems.