4 replies to this topic

#1 willtam

willtam

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:21 PM

[b]i used to post on here a long time ago (prob last year as we couldnt go to crete as we were getting married in vegas)

just come back from a 2 week hol in hersonissos (we love it there) and really want to move out there!! we are sick to death of the british weather and people!! every1 is so bloody rude here, in crete every1 speaks to you and are very freindly ,,,how sad is this we have more freinds over there than here!!!

anyway we are deadly seriouse about moving over there now as my parents no longer live in this counry (they moved to france earlier this yr) there isnt much here for us, we both hate our jobs as tacograph anylysers and want a better life as well we are trying for a baby and i have never wanted my kids to grow up in this country either on the pc 247 or on the streets...
we have a bungolow in notts that if we sold we would prob have about 30000, 2 dogs that we would have to tke as they are our babies :D

what jobs could we get out there?, could we get a mortgage or would 30000 get us anything? and how easy is it to move there legally?

please get bk to us

thank u ;)

#2 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:06 PM

there are small properties you could probably get for around that price (pm me if you want the website) but the extra fees would take you over, you could buy a renovation job but then you would need to have a job and for it to be partially habitable, to be able to pay for the renovations or you may be able to get a mortgage but that would depend on a job.
not a easy option at the moment, but not unthinkable either, it's really down to how determined are you to move there.
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#3 willtam

willtam

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:01 PM

do you live there?

we are only 23 so it would be a total new life ahead for us!!

#4 yvonnetp

yvonnetp

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:08 AM

We bought an old stone house for 28k and are slowly renevating it. We have now applied for a Greek mortgage with Euro bank, based on our earnings in the UK, as we cannot afford to move out and rent while we are doing the house up slowly, with the costs involved in that.

The interest rates in Greece are much cheaper that in the UK and the interest we are paying on the Mortgage we will probably save on the accomodation costs for our current 2 trips a year. We would prefer to move out immediately, however we want it to be right when we do get there.

Remember - patience is a virtue, and it gives you time to make all your dreams come true. :)

#5 yvonnetp

yvonnetp

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:47 PM

Great news, We've just had a phone call to say our Greek Mortgage has been approved.

Dreans do come true :)