5 replies to this topic

#1 JohnFeg

JohnFeg

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

We are moving permanently to Crete in September and I want to bring, preferably on the same flight, my trusty old Labrador.
Have any members done this?, if so, I'd be grateful to hear their experiences, which airline they used and how they went about organising it.

Kind regards

John

#2 Laid Back Lil

Laid Back Lil

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:12 PM

I'd be interested in this too in the future. Perhaps getting in touch the the airlines themselves for information on how it's done might be a starting point. And then, of course the vet for the pet's passport and all the jabs he/she needs etc.

#3 Manolis

Manolis

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

Aegean airlines

Requests for pet transportation must be made during the booking at 801 11 20000 within Greece, at a local rate (+30 210 6261000 from a mobile phone or from abroad). If your reservation is made through Aegean web site then you need to contact our Reservations Department at 801 11 20000 within Greece, at a local rate (+30 210 6261000 from a mobile phone or from abroad) and inform us about the transportation of your pet.
You are allowed to carry one pet in the aircraft cabin, dog or cat, placed in a standard carrier (55cm long x 40cm height x 20cm width) which you will have to provide along with the pets medical documents in the check-in counter. The total weight of your pet, including its carrier, must not exceed 8kgs. All other animals, along with dogs and cats that exceed 8kgs, should only be carried in the cargo compartment of the aircraft, following the respective reservation procedure.*
For the domestic network pet in cabin is charged with 4. Pet in the cargo compartment of the aircraft is charged with 4 plus 2 per additional kilo.
For the international network every kilo is charged with 1.5% of the IATA published fare, both for the transportation of the pet in the cabin and the cargo compartment.
Trained dogs for deaf/blind passengers are free of charge.

* It is important to mention that only Boeing and Airbus aircraft may carry animals in the cargo compartment.
Chania House Care

#4 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:22 PM

Have a look at the DEFRA website.
I know friends of mine imported their dog & used Olympic airlines for this. They said their dog was less stressed than they were on arrival in Crete.
British/GB Airways, Thomsonfly & Mytravel are all licensed to carry pets from UK/Crete return.

Ros.

#5 unclezeus

unclezeus

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 09:10 AM

we used

http://www.petsawayuk.co.uk/

with no problems

#6 willtam