#1 gaborus

gaborus

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:26 PM

Hi!

I'm Sylvain, I will relocate the 1st of July to Heraklion for work. I speak English and French (mother tongue), a very little bit of Hungarian and soon I'll start Greek. I'd like to get to know new people and discover the city as well, but any good occasion is always good to meet, so feel free to drop me some lines i'll give you my contacts via PM.

Bye

#2 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:10 AM

To save creating a new thread and getting yelled at by Wim...... :D

I'm in Heraklion at the weekend then will travel to Rhethymnon and Chania. I'm sure someone (Pam maybe) recommended a hotel in Heraklion but I can't find the post.

If anyone has any suggestions, please PM me. It's easy enough to find hotels but I like to go with recommendations. I fancy treating myself a little bit in Heraklion but cheap, clean and cheerful will do for the rest of the week.

I have an awful sense of deja-vu with this post so perhaps I asked already? B)
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#3 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:09 AM

Hi, Emma I recommended the Kronos hotel - I'm sure I actually found that hotel through this site, so it's OK to mention it. Good location, right by the harbour and nice rooms, though no frills. You can also book in on line.

Have a lovely time, anyway and do let us know how you get on.

Pam & Bob

#4 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

ah-ha! Thanks Pam. saw that one in a search so I'll check it out.

I'm VERY tempted by a boutique hotel too. mmmmmmm steam room. Might help get rid of my cough.
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.