2 replies to this topic

#1 Hooly

Hooly

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:09 PM

Hi everybody & thanks to those of you who provide such useful information, both on here & elsewhere, to those of us who haven't as much experience.

Been coming to Crete for the past 6/7 years. My better half had previously visited Plakias but for my visits we've always stayed in Prina, a small village in the East between Istron & Ierapetra right in the middle of the narrowest part of the island. Managed a couple of times a year more recently but this year can fit in 3 trips!

Early July will be our last 2 weeks by the pool in Prina as in January we bought a small place in Kalo Horio (holidays as can't retire yet). Still need to sort a builder for the renovation as we've not finally agreed with the ones we saw at Easter, so will do that next month.

Dinny said in one reply about visiting all the other places you need to before coming to Crete as you'll always want to come back. How right that is. Have made some Cretan friends (I hope) on our visits. Still feeling guilty as one of them insisted on giving me his Komboloi (his best & he didn't like his other set) when I asked where I could by some decent ones! :)

If I want a blast of Crete anytime I just sit & watch my DVDs of "Who Pays The Ferryman" or "The Lotus Eaters". Wish I'd seen the island when it was was that unspoilt. But hey ho. Trying to learn Greek at evening class. Hopefully we'll have enough bodies for year 2.

Mad keen Southend United fan. But that doesn't make me a bad person! :D

Pete
Oh. And my posts will always be far too long.

#2 Lesley

Lesley

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 12:21 PM

Hi Hooly
Congratulations on finding your holiday home.
We had a renovation project in Kournas, I cannot sing the praises of the builder loud enough. The work he has done on our property is excellent and I am more than pleased. He isn't the cheapest but definately is one of the best at renovations.
Not sure if he works in the area where your property is but if you email me your contact details then I'll send you his details and you can perhaps meet with him.
When we first met him he took us to see some of the projects he had done previously, if your interested then I don't mind if you ask him to take you to see the work he has done on our property.
Regards
Lesley

#3 Hooly

Hooly

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:59 PM

2 quick things.

I'd also like to say how much I like the music links that Wim & Yannis post in the other section of the main forum, they seem give a broad range of the styles available. Excellent to listen to some days as I'm working away in dark, dank .

& Hi Lesley you have a PM.