3 replies to this topic

#1 little mo

little mo

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:40 AM

As it seems increasingly possible that we may have to return to the U.K. in November for an extended period of 6-12 months we wondered about the option of swapping homes with someone in the U.K. who might want to 'try before they buy' here in Crete. We have a renovated stone house in the South of Crete but we are only one hours drive from Iraklion airport. We would be bringing our small dog(jack russell size) who is house trained and used to cats, so we could cat sit if necessary. If anyone is interested please PM me and we can give further details. If we can't find a reciprocal swap then we may consider long term rental.

#2 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:36 PM

Hi,

Sorry to hear you have to go back for such a long time! Anyway, you might want to try out the www.homeexchange.com page - even though I think it's originally American you could find lots of offers for homes everywhere, I have found plenty in Copenhagen when trying to find a way to escape 'the big heat' during the summer months, I'm sure you could find a lot in UK as well.

All the best!

#3 little mo

little mo

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:51 PM

Thanks Dinny, Thought we would try the Crete boards first then I will slog my way through the house swap websites. Did you have any problems with house swapping? I've heard a few 'horror stories' but generally they seem to be a good idea. I've always thought it would be a good idea to have house swaps in Crete or Greece. It would be a good way for us all to see other parts of the Island.

#4 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:09 PM

I actually never got to the swapping part. I was just investigating whether it was possible and found that I would have a lot of choices in Copenhagen if I really wanted to swap for a few months. But since I would have to leave all the cats behind I am not sure anybody would want to take on the task of feeding them! :)

The people I got in contact with through the website were all very positive, having swapped 5-6 times without any problems whatsoever.