Photo

Last Call For Dinner In Matala On May 26!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:34 PM

Hi everyone,

Wim will probably kill me for starting another topic on the same matter, but I need to draw your attention to this.

I have booked the table at Vrahos for the 26th (12-14 persons) and I would like to know if anybody has speciel requests. Santos, if you want lobster, now is the time to say so! I have promised to come up at give him an update on special requests the Monday before the dinner, so that he will manage to get lobsters if anybody wants them. Or vegetarian. Or other types of requests that are not solved on-the-spot.

We will sit outside if it's not windy, but even if we sit inside the view through the big windows is the kind of eat-your-hearth-out especially if you have to leave within the next days (Sorry, Birgit!). Just had an excellent swordfish today while having a chat with the owner about the menu... can't wait! :D

So, any particular requests.... please put them HERE!

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you all!

P.S. Yannis, are you going to join us?????????????????????????

#2 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:05 PM

Yes, I will be there. How could I miss such a meeting and a romantic dinner with the panoramic view to the moonlit bay of Komos?
I have a special request though: could the taverna owner find some fresh Cretan barbouni fish (red-mullet) for us? I don't know if the rest of you have tasted it, but it is my favourite fish.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#3 Birgit

Birgit

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

Hi Dinny,

Thank you very much for choosing a table especially for me ...

No special requests concerning the food, not even lobster, as I in that case will have to pawn my return ticket to pay my part of the bill. .... .... On second thoughts ... maybe not a bad idea - or?

Birgit

#4 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:51 PM

No special requests - will check the fish counter to see what looks good on the day. However, Bob does love fish soup - would that normally be on the menu?

Pam & Bob

#5 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:55 AM

I'm sorry that I won't be able to join you for your meal at Vrahos. Enjoy the food, the company and the view but please spare a minute to think of, and drink to, absent friends. Have a great time.
Thinking of you all.
DaveW.
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#6 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:03 PM

Birgit and I have made a last check at Vrahos - testing the food, just to make sure :huh: - and we have explained our special wishes to the host. He promised to try to get local Cretan barbouni - and also a fish soup for Bob.

Pam/Bob and Yvonne/Alan will be in Matala from tomorrow, I think. For the rest of you joining us only Saturday: Please meet us at Kreta Bar in Matala in the afternoon (Kreta Bar is located just next to the "fountain" on the little platia in Matala). For those of you arriving last minute: We plan to be at Vrahos around seven o'clock.

According to headcount we should be approx. 14-15 this time and I am looking very much forward to seeing you all. I wonder if we will get any surprise visits also this year? Harribobs? B)

#7 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:01 AM

Hope you all will enjoy your get to gether and have a great time. :rolleyes:

Wim

:P
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#8 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:14 AM

Sorry to all those who would have liked to have been there but it was GREAT. The effort Dinny and Birgit put into choosing the table and the food requirements were superb and even the wind stopped so we could sit outside.

Thanks Dinny, for organising, every one for being there and Yiannis for providing a forum where people want to be friends. :rolleyes:
Kritsa Yvonne

#9 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:14 PM

Are there any leftovers? :P

:rolleyes:
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."