1 reply to this topic

#1 Aurora Borealis

Aurora Borealis

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:38 PM

Arriving for my first holiday in Crete this year on sunday 1May 13.(second holiday in august). Arriving in Chania late evening and heading for Rethymno. Last bus Heraklion - Rethymno wil have left by then.. So I guess it will be taxi for me... There should be a possibility to get in contact with others in the same situation for sharing a taxi. Does anyone know if and where it is a possibility to get in contact ?

So much looking forward to escape the arctic spring....

Aurora

#2 Henry Hooray

Henry Hooray

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:49 PM

Unless you arrive very late - that's well after midnight - you could spend the night in one of the many very nice small hotels at the west end of the Old City in Chania. It's a lovely old city, with nightlife for the young (or those who think they are still young!). Catch a bus the next morning, and be an experience richer. The only thing is that I 'm not sure how easy it is to find room at the end of August, as this is the height of the tourist season. Still, that's what I would try to do - or you could even pre-book :wub:

If you arrive very late, then just have a kip around the airport, and proceed to Rethymnon (via Chania) the next morning.

HTH, Henry.