4 replies to this topic

#1 chelle_85

chelle_85

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:41 PM

I've been to Heraklion, Rethymnon, Chania and Agios Nikolaos and there is no way that Agios Nikolaos compares with the rest of Crete.
In Chania you have to make a journey of more than an hour to get to a good beach, Rethymnon there wasn't much to do and Heraklion was only for shopping which we didnt really want to do on our holidays! The only place that matched what we wanted was Agios Nikolaos and whoever is planning on going out there this year i can for sure tell you, it'll be a blast.
Every single day we were at the beaches (mostly Almiros because it was bigger and one of the cleanest, Ammoudi, Ammoudara and Kitroplateia. Don't miss the Water-sports in Almiros.
And every single night...in the one and only bar called SORRENTO!!! So much fun that you have to live it yourself. It's really good in the way that it's different every night and you never know what they are gonna do next! The best character was The Sorrento Bar All-Stars!!! We were there dancing away!!!
I'm sure I'll be there again this year to have a great 2 weeks of pure fun in Agios Nikolaos :wacko:

#2 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:41 PM

Seems like a good advice for beach bums ;) and the Sorrento bar of course for your other passions.

This site is called "Explore Crete" and not explore your nearby beach and bar :lol: if you catch my drift of course.

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#3 Papous

Papous

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:51 PM

You must see it within a broader 'explore' perspective Wim.. ;)
"?? ???????? ??? ?????? ????? ????"

#4 SteveB

SteveB

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:05 PM

Wim,my wife and I have stayed in Ag.Nik for many years,and have many friends there.Would it amaze you to hear we have Never been to Sorento bar,and have no desire to do so.Bit too party animal for our taste,but as it is the only bar of that sort in Agios,we dont mind,if thats what you like,fine.
however,I take your point,it does get rather a lot of comments here.

#5 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:23 PM

Who hasn't stayed in Agia Nikolaos for a while. ;)
Made known to a broad public by the famous Michael J. Bird (rip) with his BBC series " The Lotus Eaters", which made it expand and became a sort of Biritish enclave.

Yeah, and if you drive north you come to Elounda, which was once a nice little village with some fishing activity, also made famous by Michael J. Bird with another BBC series "Who Pays The Ferryman".

:lol:
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."