2 replies to this topic

#1 Hooly

Hooly

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:56 PM

I received my regular "BA sale" email a day or so ago & as we were thinking of an Octoberish trip to Crete I thought I'd have a browse.

The result being 2 x returns from Gatwick to Heraklion around the end of September/beginning of October for 204 inc taxes etc. I think 51 each way is a decent price, even after my trawling of the charter sites. There were many days in the latter part of the season (ends 30th Oct I think) at those prices yesterday & this morning, if that's of interest to anyone.

Pete

#2 mani

mani

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:09 PM

But be warned we booked BA last year for a June flight. We got them at 75 each.

The flight time has been changed twice.

I also understand that some of the flights are actually being operated by Excel Airways.
Ian

#3 Hooly

Hooly

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:53 PM

Hi Ian

Yes, we used the BA flights for our Easter visit at about twice the price I paid last week, which was still reasonable enough IMO. Those were run by GB Airways and indeed one of the flight times changed, albeit by only 10 minutes, just after I booked in December. Flights were on time & as good as one could expect.

My Thomson flight out of Stansted in July has chaged radically since I booked earlier in the year. Instead of 7am it's now 2pm & the return has moved to reflect the later outbound flight.

It does clearly state on the website about the franchise & other codeshare operators, indeed my outwards flight in September is noted as being with Excel, so I have not used them under the impression it was BA itself. But at 51 I'm not sure I can be too precious about that.

Pete