#1 Belfield

Belfield

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:24 AM

hi
any of you installed your own ouside lighting? is there any rules you have to abide by.
your thoughts would be much appreciated.
Belfield[size=7][b]

#2 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:58 AM

Hi Belfield,

Just employee a professional electrician for this job. For outside lights it is better to use low voltage (utilizing a transformer) rather than 220V. If you employee a professional electrician you should not have any problems. The electrician will advise you what's best for you. He should connect the outside lights to the fuse box. Depending on where you are staying I can recommend you one.
I do not advise to do the job yourself.

#3 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:56 AM

Who is Belfield, B)

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#4 Retired in Crete

Retired in Crete

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:28 AM

Wim,

I suspect Belfield is a "refugee" from another web site which is down because of problems with the server provider.

His type of question is also appearing on other sites as well as here. Do not worry, he will be able to return to his "homeland" soon!

(I am tempted to ask why he thinks garden lights should be any different in Crete from anywhere else in the world, except that solar powered ones work even better, but as I do not wish to appear unfriendly I will not ask!)

John
Cornwall - Great at any time of the year.