28 replies to this topic

#21 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:52 PM

What a pity, Ton! It will, however, solve the problem of whether they serve hortas at Vrahos - besides Santos and myself will be allowed to fill up on the garlic! :wacko: Although garlic smells worse the day after I hope you will want to see us for coffee the following day? Birgit and I will have to leave around 15-16.00 as I recon she must be at the airport in Chania a couple of hours before the plane leaves. But thinking it over, you might not prefer us all gathering up on your terrace before you even get a chance to get home, so maybe we could agree on meeting for lunch somewhere in Matala on the 27th?

Wim, as for drinking me under the table you are very welcome to try - but when do you ever get here? By the way, the secret about not ending under the table is to start 'sipping' very slowly at a certain point, nobody notice your not really drinking much but it sure helps keeping the focus! :o

P.S. I have checked the route from Vrahos back to Matala: Even though it's something like a chilometer or even more - it's ALL DOWNHILL :P

#22 Birgit

Birgit

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:29 PM

Dinny, let us stay and have one more cup of coffee with Ton and maybe annoy him a bit more with our "garlic-smell" you only have to drive me to Iraclion as my plane leaves from there.

By the way - I will also land in Iraclion, so if you pick me up there as a start it will much easier for me to get to Pitsidia

Birgit
(Counting the days .... :wacko: )

#23 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

Ha Din,
I knew I would draw your attention, with the table that is B)

Somewhere on this board I wrote about my problem.
As you know I'm a (part time) lecturer. The rest of the time I spend working in my own practice (re)designing dwellings. This lecturer activity etc. absorbes much time, pays badly, but keeps young at heart and looks :wacko: that's why I keep on doing it.

It also limits the holidays to a period that I don''t wish to spend in Crete: July and August.
Going there in the off season has my preference but the Uni only allows 1 week in autumn and spring and I beleive still another week somewhere, oh yes right now the coming one and Christmas.

To visit Crete for only one week is almost impossible since I need the time to work in my own practice. See the dilemma? When I go to Crete I want to spend at least one whole month to do my thing. Hiking etc., and
other practices I can't tell about on this board :o since they need some preparation time..

If there would be an airline departing from Holland that asks less then 350 for a ticket it would be worth to see you all in May and make it a bit more affordable which also means no heartaches when leaving..

But I'm sure I'll surprise you (all) one :P of these days.

Be a good girl,
:(
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#24 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:06 AM

Birgit, don't worry, I shall pick you up at Iraklio airport and deliver you there as well! We might have spoken about that Chania would be no problem if your ticket was to that airport, and since my mind is old and worn out it simply stopped there! :wacko:

As for coffee with Ton, I recon that they arrive with the boat at 5:30 in the morning so they will arrive in Pitsidia around 7:30/8.00. It might be just a little too much to pretend they prepare a coffee morning just after arriving home, so that's why I thought lunch in Matala would be a more acceptable meeting place.

And if you are on the 'garlic team' with Santo and me we have better choose a big table with the three of us gathering at the far end! :o

But I'm still missing confirmation from more ExploreCrete people. Will somebody else join us for the dinner or lunch next day? So far, I guess, we shall be Santo/Linda, Birgit, Ray/Ann (?), Pam/Bob, myself (for dinner)? Oops, must add Yvonne & Alan, just saw in another post that they will be here, too! Great! Surely somebody else would like to join... ?????

#25 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:07 PM

We have booked into Matala View for 3 nights 25/26/27 so that we can enjoy any gathering impromptu or organised and perhaps get to see more of an area as yet unexplored by us.

Dinny I am sorry but I had a good laugh at the thought of poor Birgit waiting for you at Heraklion whilst you thought you were stood up in Chania :wacko: Good job this thread was running eh?
Kritsa Yvonne

#26 Birgit

Birgit

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:01 PM

Hej Yvonne,

Nice that we were able to give you a laugh, epecially now that things are sorted out! But as Dinny writes my holiday and staying with her has been a long series of questions, possibitilies and very few answers. Actually the only thing planned until now is that I will fly to Iraclion ... but only I knew that :wacko:

You will probably hear more in 3-4 weeks time!

And now a big HELLO OUT THERE!!! The ExploreCrete Dinner is not for Danish and English people exclusively! Do we really sound so boring? Anyone else from around the world want to join???

Greetings
Birgit

#27 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:32 PM

Dinny I am coming to Crete next Wednesday. I will give u a call or pass from your house so we can discuss how to best organise the coffee/lunceon for the 27th. In the mean time try to get confirmation from all members who are gonna be in Pitsidia on the 27th.

#28 Laid Back Lil

Laid Back Lil

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:16 PM

Hi everyone - Did hope to join you all, but unfortunately hubby can only get a few days off the week before to unpack all the furniture and get some lights up etc. Would have loved to have met all, but next time maybe.

#29 mani

mani

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:15 PM

Will not arrive in Crete until 2 June, so all have a drink for me.
Ian