ania

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:44 PM

B) B) B)
Hello!

I'm in a bit difficult situation. Eh, I will be working as tourleader in Crete, Heraklion actually. Will come to Crete 22-24 of April and be there till the end of October.
I need to rent a flat. It will be really great if i will find something from my first day in Crete. Could you help me? Maybe you have a flat to rent? or your friends?

Need a flat with kitchen ( cause i like to cook) and one bedroom, balcony/terrase. For 2 pax - me and my boyfriend(will be working as tourleader too) We are quiet, simpatic couple. No noise, no problems from our side. We have license for work in Greece )))

Please helpppp!
Can give advance for 2 months.
Better centre of Iraklion. NO KATSABAS, NO ALIKARNASSOS for sure.
ps. I speak greek, I'm orthodox& russian. 25 years old.

pls CONTACT ME to indianjka@gmail.com

Thank you
, ANNA

#2 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:05 AM

Dear Anja,
there are ads in the local newspapers for the kind of flat you want. The prices vary between 300 and 400 Euro per month.
The fact that you want it for the summer period and you are not Greek is a minus, so you will have to look harder to find what you need.
When you come the Heraklion buy the PATRIS and the KRITIKES ANGELIES newspaper and start looking.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#3 elifs_3543

elifs_3543

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:52 PM

Hi,
My name is Elif Sipahi I'am from Turkey. I'am a student and in July I will come to Crete Forth-IMBB as a trainee for a month. I'am very happy but I have a problem about accommodation: I can't find any shere to stay. I need a flat or room for rent in teh center of Heraklion, please help me. I would like to know the location of Instıtute: İs it in Voutes Campus and Are there any buses from center fo IMBB? please help me, thank you very much everybody I have to find a place as soon as posiblee. My e-mail :elif_sipahi@hotmail.com

#4 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:40 AM

Dear Elif,
what is IMBB? I think you mean the Institute of Marine Biology in Crete (IMBC), which has now become HCMR and according to their website, they are located in Gouves.

HCMR Crete(new buildings)
Thalassocosmos
Former US base at Gournes
P.O.Box 2214
Heraklion 71003
Crete, Greece
Tel: + 30 2810 337806
Fax: +30 2810 337822
Institute of Marine Biology and Genetics-Secretariat
Tel: + 30 2810 337801

Gouves is about 17-18 km from Heraklion and it would be better if you look for a studio /room in that area. There are frequent buses to/from Heraklion, so you will be able to visit it easily.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#5 elifs_3543

elifs_3543

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:56 AM

Hi
IMBB-FORTH is Institute of Molecular biology and biotechnology Vassilika Vouton Gr 71110 Heraklion Crete .
But I think I found somewhere for accomodation But I would like to know about public transportation. Because I learn that the Instıtute is outside the city border. Are there any website about public transportation. because I have no driving licience Thank you very much for your kind help

#6 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:23 PM

Hi elifs 3543
look up ktel buses. This is the bus company for greece & crete. Their timetable is online.

#7 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

yes, there are frequent buses from the area of Voutes to Heraklion. Don't worry about that.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#8 Trigynos

Trigynos

Tourist

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

Hello,

i am in the same situation. I will work in FORTH for a couple of years. I would need to insure an accomodation _before_ i move to Heraklion this summer. Is there any online search site for flat rentals? I would rent a small studio, a student accomodation would be fine too.