#81 Mike &Jane

Mike &Jane

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:59 PM

Hi Pam & all,
Three of us, including Jane's dad, Tom, will be arriving on 25th September for a week at the Loukia(or Lucia depending onwhere you look) on Hania harbour. This is the first time we have booked everything ourselves instead of buying a package, so fingers are crossed. Don't know if we'll get out to Kalives this trip, we only have the week and there are so many places to see and eat in in town. Pam has Mike's mobile Number !!!! [Text us if you're coming into town and if possible we can meet up for a drink, or two or ..... Have a great time.

#82 Laid Back Lil

Laid Back Lil

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:16 AM

Pam, Mike & Jane - We're back out again 25 Sept for a week. We're near to Kalives (getting all our gardening extras and plants from the center opposite the pool shop there).... Will only manage a quick drink if at all as we're finishing the gardening, then friends arriving for the weekend, during which we are having a get-together at ours with all the neighbours and friends from Chania. So, PM me your mobile and I'll PM you mine out in Crete (we have that switched on all the time we're there) and we'll try to meet for a beer with you - would be good.

Mike & Jane (and dad) - what airport are you flying from - you never know we might see you???

#83 Mike &Jane

Mike &Jane

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:11 AM

Hi Laid Back Lil, we are flying with XL from Gatwick at 5am on 25th Sept. Mike will PM our No (when he can remember how it's done)

Mike & Jane

#84 yvonnetp

yvonnetp

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:21 AM

Hi All,
Kev and I will be back on Tuesday - this time is is to start the final stage of building on the house in Latsida. Hopefully when we return next spring it will be completed and ready to move into.
We are staying with friends again in Koutouloufari. I am so excited, I'm like a 6 year old and all her Christmas's have come at once.

#85 perikleous6

perikleous6

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 01:34 PM

hi yvonne, we're in koutouloufari, if you get a spare minute pop into the wee supermarket in the square any afternoon after 4 for a chat(megan)
see you soon!!!!!
Jim & Meg

#86 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:44 PM

After a wonderful 2 week stay in Tavronitis, I am now back in the UK again. I would very much like to go back there again, it was so lovely and quiet and I got some lovely photographs.

all here if you care to take a peek!

http://www.tinksdark...ls.php?album=55
Curiouser and curiouser.....

#87 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:19 PM

Hi, Tinks, glad you had a good time - took a quick look at the photos, and they're great, especially the cats. We had a great time as well, though unfortunately our hopes of meeting up with Mike & Jane and Laid Back Lil were kyboshed as I left my mobile on and forgot to pack my charger.

Here's to next year!

Pam & Bob

#88 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:13 PM

.........and I loved the underwater ones - thanks for sharing them Tinks but could you also let us know where, when, how etc as it seems quite fascinating.
Kritsa Yvonne

#89 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:48 PM

I've put a few more titles on the underwater ones now. Unfortunately, I have no idea what fish were photographed.

The underwater shots were taken by Dave with an old Sony Cybershot camera inside a special underwater camera pouch (I think it's called Ewa Marine) that he bought earlier this year. We *should* have got some fantastic underwater ones in Elafonissi, but sadly it all fogged up and the photos didn't come out properly at all. It annoyed me a bit that on my main photos a lot of the "wide angle" ones came out with a spot on the middle of the photographs, and I only recently had the camera cleaned too!

I'm really glad you've enjoyed my photos. We took over 1000 while we were there, so I must sort through a few more to put up at some point soon
Curiouser and curiouser.....

#90 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:37 PM

So, will I be the last one out?

We fly out of Heathrow on an Olympic flight on 17th December with a stop over in Athens.

Our bargain winter car hire will hopefully be waiting for us when we land at 6.30 a.m.

We are looking forward to our first Xmas and New Year and will blog with any news on my return mid January.

Hardly excited at all :D ;)
Kritsa Yvonne

#91 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:43 PM

Hi, Yvonne, looks like you will be the last one out! Also, just a short stay this time - only one month! I'm sure you'll have a lovely time and very much looking forward to your description of a Greek Christmas.

All the best.

Pam & Bob