90 replies to this topic

#1 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:48 AM

Thought it could be a good idea to have a topic reserved only to inform the members of the board about your stay in Crete in 2007.

Lets try to keep it simple. No littering, just a simple where and when and some additional info about your hotel/lodging etc.

Reactions like, oh what nice are you coming to Crete then, would make the topic a bit hard to read and can be done in the usual way. Right; by starting a new topic :)

Wonder who'll be the first. The advantage of this topic should be synoptical, just to inform about your stay in a simple glance.

K

Wim :)

Attached Files

True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#2 mani

mani

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:15 PM

02Jun to 16Jun based at King Minos Palace Hotel.

4 star hotel based in hills on outskirts of eastern Hersonissos, away from noise and bustle of town. Private footpath to beach. Large pool. Great mixture of nationalities.

We get spoilt there everytime we go.

We find it a useful base for beach and touring.
Ian

#3 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:07 PM

15th May to 22nd May Rethymnon area, not sure where we are staying yet, a bit of shopping and relaxation.

22nd May to 29th May Matala area, couple of ideas for lodging but nothing decided yet, catching up with friends and big party (if I'm invited poss).

Last visit we did 2000km (1300 mile) over the 2 week period, want to just chill and recharge ALL batteries, may do a bit of "business" hunting but generally go with the flow daily.

:) :)
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#4 Birgit

Birgit

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:01 PM

May 20th-27th: Pitsidia, enjoying the hositality of another (to this board wellknown) Dane. (To Santo: Maybe our paths will cross?)

August 12th-September 2nd: Agia Pelagia.

Regards
Birgit

#5 harribobs

harribobs

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:18 AM

We're booked for going out on the 22nd May, we'll be based in Plakias but will be heading out to Sphakia for some time in the white mountains.... :) and spending some more time in the Amari Valley

*sigh* can't wait....
The Manchester Regiment

www.themanchesters.org

#6 SuzyCreamcheese

SuzyCreamcheese

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

June 15 - June 29, heading for the south coast :)

counting the days :)
time isn't money, it's precious !

#7 Hooly

Hooly

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:37 AM

Mar 30th to Apr 10th - going for Easter to a village called Prina, courtesy of Nikos a local Ag Nik bank manager who owns the house that we'll also be staying in from

Jul 1st to Jul 15th - via the usual travel company. But probably our last visit there as on both these trips we'll be sorting the builder etc for the work on a small house in Kalo Horio, the purchase of which completed on Friday.

Oct/Nov(ish) - should be our 1st visit to use our own house. Would hope it's warmer than when we went at this time last year. It snowed!

Pete

#8 Laid Back Lil

Laid Back Lil

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:57 PM

Next Friday for 3 days, Kokkino Chorio, meeting Cretan new friends and taking them for dinner and meeting Cretan friend for drinks lunch time following day and really looking forward to it! Then back out May, July and October!

#9 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:32 PM

1st visit - 26th March - 3rd April, planning to spend 4 days in & around Ag Nik and then drive down to Pitsidia - no accommodation booked yet, will sort out next week.

2nd visit - 20th May - 3rd June, 1st week probably in Matala, so Birgit looks like there'll be a few of us there. Haven't decided about the second week, maybe Frangokastello or even Chora Sfakion.

Aren't we greedy - 2 holidays in 2 months!

Pam & Bob

#10 Hana

Hana

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:21 AM

Duno for sure yet,
....but the dream is something like late May - June staying on a Sweetwater beach by Sfakia for a few days, then moving via Matala to South-Eastern Crete visiting a friend in Makrygialos and exploring the area.

Sorry can't be less vague than that at this point but its great to be able to place down my intention :)

Would be great to meet up with somebody.

#11 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:15 PM

I will be in Koutouloufari from 10th July (only for 1 week). Hopefully though will be going in June too to meet up with some friends we met last year from Ireland! Staying at the Marni Village again and hope to see someone from here whilst I am there! Cant wait!

#12 Thales

Thales

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:53 PM

I`m planning several weeks in Crete from May.

Will stay in Rethymnon the first 3-5 weeks, then hit the southcoast.

Any good, student-budget hotels recommanded in Rethymnon?
I have some favourites, but are open-minded in this department too..

Been a bit around the world, but Crete has a special place in my heart. Spent almost a year there over the last 10 years on 12 trips.
Honest people, great food and the nature, it`s contasts, mountains and beaches.

Hopefully get some inspiration for my philosophy paper.

LOVE to you all!

-----------------------------------------------

REPLY FROM YANNIS_S

What about the youth hostel in Rethymnon? Check it here: http://www.explorecr..._Rethymnon.html

------------------------------------------------
REPLY FROM THALES

Thank You.

I have heard about the hostel, good things.

I might stay there for a while, but as I plan to write a bit on my college-paper during this stay, I need a place alone too.

I`ve got two very good offers from hotels in Rethymnon. Haven`t stayed at any of them, but might book a week or two. At least one of them has a good reputation too. Will decide what to do in the near future.

Thales

#13 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:48 AM

I've recently booked a week in May to visit Santorini for the first time. I'm very excited to be going there. I had considered visiting Santorini just for the day from Crete last year, but I decided it would all be too much for one day and there'd be far more that I wanted to see and do than I would have time for.

I'll be staying in Perissa. And if anyone has any suggestions for things I really shouldn't miss while I'm there, I'd appreciate it.

I'm hoping to also return to Crete again in September. Most likely staying over on the Chania side, spending 2 weeks exploring the mountains and sampling Crete as it is meant to be seen.

I can't wait! <_<

REPLY FROM TON:
Tinks,

When u r in Santorini do not miss the beautiful sunsets close to the little church hill in Oia.
Oia is at the north part of Santorini. Fantastic place. I also recommend the ancient archeological grounds in the south. Forget about nice beaches in Santorini. There are none. However the island enjoys spectacular views to the sea and plenty of nice little shops to spend your money. Everything runs 20% more expensive than in Crete. :D
Enjoy
Ton
Curiouser and curiouser.....

#14 mfc

mfc

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

n/e crete for 5 months,starting april, in my lovely little house yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

#15 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:18 AM

Ton, I was checking out this post because I was curious to know when you would be here. Nothing about it.

We were supposed to keep this topic clean of chit-chat about other things (slap, slap) - so please confess when you are planning to visit. Will you be here for the ExploreCrete Mega Dinner Based On Hortas, Lobster (or Crayfish, whatever) and Garlic???? <_<

REPLY FROM TON:

Thank you for thinking about me Dinny!!! For me will be Horta again!!! but yes I am planning to be in Pitsidia last week in May until end of June. I also might pop in.. just after Easter for a week or two. Please let's keep low profile on the Garlic this time. :D

#16 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:21 AM

My 1st visit this year will be 27th March-3rd April, staying in Agia Pelagia at Dioskouri Apts. 2nd visit 18th-22nd May also in Agia Pelagia. 3rd visit 1st-20th July again probably Agia Pelagia, unless I've managed to buy. 4th visit 29th Oct-9th Nov in Agia Pelagia for Lea & Lou's wedding!!!

Ros21

#17 Steve M

Steve M

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:04 PM

Holidays in Crete,July 27th for 2weeks Staying at the Koni Village apartments Stalis, as usual.
complex is very clean and staff helpfull its a bit of a steep climb but worth it. My families 7th year at this complex. (can't wait) :)

#18 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:45 PM

Leaving UK 8th May to drive to Crete via Pisa in Italy (OK not the most direct route but fun eh?) to experience a different season in Kritsa and then back in the UK 6th August.

Anyone know of a good party we could attend - say end of May?

Best not answer that question on this topic though or Wim will be after me - argh!

:( :D :D :D :D
Kritsa Yvonne

#19 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:18 PM

Hi, Yvonne - glad to see you've finally been able to make plans for your next visit. Seems like a few people will be around, so yes, time to make plans for the party and be great to see you.

Time for a new topic, I think!

Pam & Bob

#20 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:43 AM

Right.

Pam, Bob and Dinny become 1 penalty marks each :D actualy Yannis as wel with his remark about the youth hostel :D and me for reacting to it :(

:D
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."