9 replies to this topic

#1 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:24 AM

I'm waiting in anticipation of the next issue of the Crete Gazette, need my fix badly................

<_< :D
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#2 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:19 PM

Santo,
aren't you subscribed to the mailing list of Crete Gazette? I had sent a newsletter on February 1 mentioning that the next issue of Crete Gazette will be on March 1. There is also an announcement on www.cretegazette.com.
The next issue has very interesting content and I am sure you will enjoy it a lot. <_<
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#3 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:31 AM

Yiannis my apologies, yes i am subscribed but at the moment my home PC is having a tantrum and not playing ball <_<

Unfortunately I had forgotten your advise re March 1st, so will wait til then and even more excitedly as you added a wink at the end of your comment "very interesting content"

:D :)
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#4 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:48 PM

Hi there Yannis,

I read the Gazette and wanted to add some comment on the article concerning Mrs Fani Palli Petralia. Is that here real name :)

But after having sweat on some lines I found out that typing in the code for sending is a sort of "Greeklish" to me.

It mentioned; C (fat capital?) 0 (fat zero?) D (not fat capital) P (fat capital) F (fat capital), moreover I had to put on my glasses to be able to see them. After two runs I gave up and so did the comment. Since I didn't save my message to Word it is gone.

I have seen better safety precautions where it didn't matter whether it were capitals or figures or whatsoever.

Think you have to look at that one. <_<

Blondy :D
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#5 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:35 PM

Wim,
I think you are right. Some of the letters in the security image were too tiny. I have made them larger now and I hope it will be easier for people to read them. Unfortunately if it is too easy, then the spam robots will be able to read them too.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#6 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:28 PM

OK, I'm probably having a senior (and blonde) moment, but where is this article on Mrs Fani Palli Petralia?

I wanted to read this article where Wim wanted to add a comment, as I couldn't remember it, but can't find!

If you can direct me to location, I'd be grateful

Pam

#7 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:23 PM

http://www.cretegaze...ourism-2007.php
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#8 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:45 PM

Thanks, Yannis - a very senior moment. I was looking for an article about the lady, not a speech she made. However, having re-read, I have some thoughts, so will post a new topic.

Pam & Bob

#9 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:12 PM

Yesterday's full moon eclipse photographed from Heraklion:
http://www.cretegaze...oon_eclipse.php
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#10 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:01 PM

Haha Pam,

Some call it a senior moment, I always call it my 'blond" moment, that way it dazes the fact that I was...

:)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."