#1 Egon

Egon

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:13 PM

Hi!

I will move to Heraklion soon with my family (+ baby), but before I would like to find some good house (~100 m2, with internet, small garden, A/C) in Heraklion or next to. Could you recommend, where I take some offer, before coming to Crete, maybe some website or reputable real estate agency? or maybe is better to rent it from individual? I need a house for 3 years a least.

Thanks and Regards

#2 Egon

Egon

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:44 PM

no advice :)

#3 -Kickie-

-Kickie-

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:40 AM

Egon, you have a PM!

#4 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:33 PM

Hi Egon,

Somewhere on this site, among the plethora of topics, there was one with the same intention.
He/she was advised to read the ads in the Heraklion's news paper. Seems to be the best way to find out.
I agree with you that it looks rather stupid that there is no other way to find out.

I would advise everybody who wants to offer a dwelling space for rent to advertise on this site.
It's got enough advertisements but none with this intention.

Good hunting.

:)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#5 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:00 PM

Wim,
there is the classifieds section of explorecrete.com, where people can add their classifieds for free. There is a "Houses for rent" category: http://www.explorecr...egories/39.html, but Greek house owners are still reluctant to use the web to rent their houses, so there is only one classified ad in it.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#6 Egon

Egon

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:53 PM

Hello

Thank you friends for advices. Let's hope I will find the suitable house soon and my wife and baby will satisfy... :)

Egon

#7 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:18 PM

Tks. Yannis, forgot about that one which is not strange seen the reason you mentioned :)
But Egon you can still put in an ad?
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#8 Martin

Martin

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:38 AM

Hi Egon,

I've sent you a personal message.

#9 Egon

Egon

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:48 AM

Finally I am in Heraklion. I was looking for an apartment throug newspaper mentioned here, but finally I found the best by real estate agent in Agios Ioannis. Thanks for help :wub: B)