#1 ejo

ejo

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:50 PM

Hi :)

I like to make new aquintances as we are going to live in Crete from mid Feb. We are a family of husband/wife, a son of 3 and half yrs old, and expecting a new baby end March. I like to meet women living in crete - area heraklion - stalida - with a similar family situation. As i will not be working this year, with a little baby, it would be nice to meet with the kids: beach, playgrounds, lunches, chats etc. I have a good relationship with my greek family on Crete and other friends there (but none with smaller kids) I am an open person, interested in languages (know a bit of greek) books, outdoor life, alternative views, politics, social welfare etc. Hope to get in touch with others living permanently in Crete. :)

#2 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:07 PM

Hello ejo,

I am sure there will be other people in a similar situation that will welcome the chance to meet you.

Don't be too surprised if the response to you is a little slow as most of the people who live in Crete & regularly post on this forum don't seem to have small children. If this proves to be the case perhaps you will set up a group when you get to Crete and then let people know about it via this forum and/or Crete Gazette.

Good luck with the move and perhaps your experiences would make another interesting Blog.
Kritsa Yvonne

#3 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:53 AM

Thats fun Ejo,

Later on we can meet in the topic " Meet in Crete" B) and/or "Living in Crete" B)

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#4 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:21 AM

So is anyone in Crete next week? Think I might catch the ferry down to Heraklion.
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#5 Ros21

Ros21

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

Sorry Emma, I returned to the UK tuesday & I'm not back in Crete until 25th April.

Ros.

#6 Emma1310

Emma1310

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:56 PM

Awww that's a shame. I shall have to poke Adrien on facebook and see what he's doing.

:lol:

I knew loads of people were going out for Easter but hoped maybe one or two were already there.
Now is the time for drinking, now the time to beat the earth with unfettered foot.

#7 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

Easter in Greece is on Sunday - April 27th Emma. Or did you mean that a lot of people from abroad went out for a short holiday to Crete. Looks as if you have to enjoy yourself, yourself :lol:

Don't quarrel!

;)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."