5 replies to this topic

#1 futuresh0ck

futuresh0ck

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:17 PM

Hello everyone and greetings from a newbie to this forum!! We (my wife Fay, 2 kids Katie 6 Ben 2 and myself Chris) are off to Crete in October. It will be our first time to Crete but not to Greece as we have been to Kos & Zante before. We have booked for the Dias Appartments in Stalis and we just have a few questions.

Firstly what sort of weather can we expect in mid-october? What is Stalis itself like? as i said we have been to Kos & Zante before and we stayed in Psalidi/Kos town and Kalamaki respectively and found Psalidi/Kos town to be a very relaxing but entertaining place to be with the right balance of having enough sights and facilities but without the "18-30" scene that seems to be establishing itself everywhere nowadays, Kalamaki on the other hand was just too quiet for us with only a handful of shops etc and not a lot to do except lie on the beach!!(not possible for long periods of time with 2 young kids!)

Lastly has anybody stayed at the Dias appts in stalis or know of them who could tell us what they are like?

Sorry to waffle on but we are really looking forward to our hols and would like as much info about the place as possible.

cheers B)

#2 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:58 PM

My dear "future", your thread comes as a shock to me. B)

Is this site, with all it's information and the plethora of topics in the forum, so little informative that :blush: you have to open a whole new topic with a query that can be answered by simply reading it, and/or typing some lines in Google?

Start reading, enjoy and have yourself informed about our beautiful island. B)

Wim ;)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#3 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:31 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum.
You will find information about the weather in this page:
http://www.explorecr...te-weather.html

I don't know anything about Dias apartments but I wish you a great vacation in Crete.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#4 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:52 PM

Hi Chris & Family... and welcome! :blush:

I'm sure you will find loads and loads of information navigating this site - after a year I still haven't finished discovering new things to read, and every time I enjoy discovering whatever I find.

Take care, if it's your first time to Crete, you might never want to go back to any other Greek island!

Happy reading - and if you need any specific information which is not already dealt with over and over, don't hesitate to ask, since there is more knowledge about Crete on this site than there is gold in Fort Knox. B)

#5 futuresh0ck

futuresh0ck

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:09 PM

Hi to everyone thats answered, sorry for asking so many questions but i thought that was the idea behind forums?! Thanks to those of you that did give us some info it is much appreciated. Cant wait until october!!

#6 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

Hi future,

In fora without an informative website, yes. But this website is so extremely informative that you need not ask after reading :blush:

Wim B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."