• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:33 PM

Scotland Yard received an anonymous email about Steven Cook, who disappeared in Malia on September 1st 2005, on the first night of his holiday.

According to the email Steven Cook was killed by Albanians who harassed him sexually. Attached to the email was a photo of the area where his body was buried.

The email was forwarded to the police station of Hersonissos. They searched the rocky area, which is near Malia, but nothing has been found yet.

The unknown sender of the email declared that he is not interested for the 7,000 Euro fee, which will be given to anyone who will offer information about the mysterious disappearance of Steve Cook, and if he can help again in the future, he is determined to do it.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#2 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:37 PM

Gosh, that sounds horrible!
Curiouser and curiouser.....

#3 Retired in Crete

Retired in Crete

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:33 AM

Although I am sure that the authorities will treat this seriously I am a bit dubious as in Crete the Albanians get blamed for almost everything and seem to be the national scapegoat.

The "word on the street" in Malia is that Steven Cook was drunk & incapable and some "friends" put him in one of the green rubbish bins which had some water in the bottom. He then either drowned or was still drunk when the bins were emptied early the following day and he is now in one of the landfill sites.

I have no idea if this is true or not but it sounds reasonable enough and would explain why no trace of his body has been found.

John
Cornwall - Great at any time of the year.

#4 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:38 PM

surely if his mates had done that one of them would be telling the authorities.
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.