• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:57 PM

Choose NEW TOPIC or ADD REPLY. If you choose FAST REPLY, then you won't be able to add any pictures to your message.

Click on BROWSE to find the picture in your hard disk.

Posted Image

Choose the picture you want to add. Only jpg, gif and png files can be added and the maximum size is 500KB. Files larger than that will be rejected. There are free tools that allow you to resize your pictures and make them smaller, like Google Picassa or IrfanView.

Click the ADD THIS ATTACHMENT button to proceed.

Posted Image

It may take a while for your picture to be transferred to our server. When the transfer will be finished, you will see the file listed. More pictures can be added and they will all be listed.

Choose a picture from the list and click ADD INTO POST.

Posted Image

The picture will be added to your message, but it doesn't show as a photo yet. You may select and drag the code for the picture to reposition it within your message.

Posted Image

Click the PREVIEW button at the bottom of the screen to see how your message will show. The picture shows as a thumbnail of the actual photo. Those who want to see the full-size photo should click on the thumbnail (CLICK TO ENLARGE).

Posted Image
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#2 Al(Kiwi)

Al(Kiwi)

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:11 AM

Attached File  Wedding_042__Medium_.jpg   37.42KB   214 downloads Just trying this out to see if it works ok..My new Granddaughter Skye at 3 months old...the pretty one! B)

#3 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:16 PM

Which one?

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#4 Al(Kiwi)

Al(Kiwi)

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:34 AM

:D Whatever Wim...Have a nice day B)

#5 Nat08

Nat08

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:45 AM

Yia sas Yianni,

Proti fora pou eimai sto forum auto kai mou aresei polu. Exw diabasei to oti prepei na kanw gia na attach mia fotografia, alla den to katafera, apla den exw to Browse option sto telos tou New post :). Tha to prospathisw apo dw oxi san new post alla san apantisi.

Attached Files

#6 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:12 PM

Can somebody translate this into plain Greek?
I never understood this GreekLish.

:)

P.S. If you don't know how to use your keyboard to write the Greek alphabet I'll gladly explain it to you.
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#7 Nat08

Nat08

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:05 AM

That's ok Wim, I was just trying to see how I could add a picture, but if you can explain to me how to use the greek alphabet I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Nat

#8 Nat08

Nat08

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:36 PM

Wim,

I have realised, after reading only a few of your hundreds of posts, that you do actually hate the so called greeklish. Well, I'm afraid English is the lingua franca at this moment and it has a strong influence on many other languages, especially when it comes to terminology related to IT. Spanish, my native language, also suffers of this influence, particularly in Latinoamerica, but at the end of the day it is all about communication. I love the "purity" of languages as well, but sometimes this can be incomplete or too strict. One of the main reasons why I'm coming back to Greece, permanently, is the beauty of Greek language.

Your comments are normallly quite funny, but sometimes I think you are a bit arrogant too :)

Having said all this, elpizw na eiste kala... ooops, sorry, I meant I hope you are fine.

Nat

#9 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:47 PM

Hi Nat,

I like your straightforwardness, I admire that in people.
The fact that I seem arrogant must have something to do with the language. At school I learned my English mainly from reading Micky Spilane books. My English teacher was also a fan so we had great time discussing our hero. Shakespeare was like reading mothballs to me.:lol:

At the other hand arrogant is also translated as "open display of pride" In that case whole nations can be called "arrogant". Should one hide pride?
I always advice and teach my students to be proud , in the meaning of "black is beautiful" and other stuff. Anyhow I'm trying to be the one I am. No more no less.

Now this greeklish matter. I can be short for that one. When the Greek government would advise it as the National Written Lingo I'd be very very glad. It would make learning Greek and reading a newspaper a lot easier, but also more dull....

For typing in Greek: right click on your language icon in the task bar. (it should read EN ?) click settings and make your choice (or add) from the menu. It's almost as if being in a lingo setting restaurant ? Switching between lingo's? Just press both shift alt.

Στο καλο Νατανιελ.

:)

#10 Nat08

Nat08

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:37 PM

Γεια σας Wim,

I did it :D , I used to have the Greek alphabet in my previous computer, but for some reason I didn't know how to do it properly in my new one. Now it's done and I'm glad, thanks.

Being arrogant can be an attractive thing, I guess sometimes I'm arrogant myself. Should pride be hidden? Well, I am a Spaniard living in England for a few years now and I can only say: pride should never be hidden. My grandfather, who died bravely during Franco's dictatorship, sent a letter to my grandma and he said: "Tell our children to always be proud of their background, their virtues and even their faults".

I also admire straightforwardness in people, it saves a lot of time, worries and misunderstandings.

Just one more thing, I'm a woman and my name is Natalia.

Φιλακια ^_^