• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:00 PM

A chatroom has been added to the forum and every member has access to it.

I would like all members' suggestions about a fixed day and time for online chatting every week. We used to do it 4 years ago and it was a nice way to spend time chatting with old and new friends. My suggestion is we chat every Tuesday at 22:00 Athens time. Another idea is to create a subforum called "Chat". It will be used for members to announce when they will be in the chatroom, so others can join them. What do you think about it?

Details about the chatroom:
1. The chat uses flash technology. All modern browsers support Flash, so it won't be a problem for anyone.
2. If you are logged in the forum, then no extra login is required. Only registered members of the forum can use the chatroom. The reason is anonymity has become a serious threat for any activity on Internet.
3. If the chatroom fails to load 100%, press F5 to refresh the page.
4. If you go to Forums' Index (link on top-left part of every page in the Forum, Blogs and Gallery) and then scroll down to the bottom of the index page, you will see if anyone is in the chatroom.

Posted Image

5. In order to enter the chatroom, you should click on the CHAT link on the top-right part of every page.

Posted Image

6. When you are into the chatroom, you can use the OPTIONS button to change the font size, plus other options. There is a technical problem here: you may not see the new messages anymore. The problem occurs when you increase the font size. The solution is to make the page smaller and then maximize it.

Use this button to make the browser smaller, and then click it once more to maximize it.
Posted Image

7. If you click on a member name, then you can start a private conversation, see the member's profile and more.

Posted Image

I hope these instruction will be helpful. If you have more questions, then I will be glad to help.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#2 Lala

Lala

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:46 PM

Is it the same time next week and do you allow late comers and if not whats the penalty for arriving late :rolleyes:

How about an auto email to all the members, lets have a party, I will bring the nibbles, whos going to bring the drinks?

Is dress formal or informal?

#3 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:26 PM

...........I'm up for that :rolleyes: I'll just have to catch up with my beauty sleep another night :rolleyes:
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#4 dancinggal

dancinggal

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 06:11 PM

Geia sou :rolleyes:
Your web site eivai wpaia. M'aressei the Sattelite maps!
When do people chat here????
Have a great day.
Me to kalo apo
KANADAS dancinggal:)

#5 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:02 PM

Yannis I'll go with the flow on time as I've yet to get Broadband at home so only use the PC during the week day (probably a godsend i can hear people say lol).
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Although if it's allowed I wouldn't mind being able to access it during the day if others are interested or need quicker info (assuming I might even have the answer !!!!!)
:rolleyes: :) :D :D
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#6 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:42 PM

Hey, this is nice! :( And I finally got my line back, and today is Tuesday.... meaning chat is going on tonight? Ah, damn, I have to be 'social' tonight, have a birthday dinner to attend to.... well, next Tuesday then, or whenever access is allowed. Will be sure to find Santo on every working day during the week, right? :angry:

#7 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:30 PM

Welcome back, Dinny!

Unfortunately, I'm unlikely to make any evening sessions - apart from the fact that I use a work machine and therefore should be working while online, I must admit after a day sat at the computer, I shut my PC down, go out for a beer and don't touch until the following morning!

Will keep an eye open for you in the "lounge", however.

Pam

#8 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:43 PM

Nice to see your back Dinny, missed you xx :angry: :(

Yep your right...................I'll be on during the working day (Mon-Fri) LOL
:(
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#9 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:34 PM

The chatroom is always open and free for all members of the forum to use whenever they feel like it.
The reason I suggested a fixed chat appointment is because it is very difficult for two people to happen to be in the chatroom at the same time, if they haven't pre-arranged it. Chatrooms are usually crowded in forums with hundreds of active members, especially young(er) ones.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster