#1 Marisy

Marisy

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

Hello!

Just wated to ask you if you could give me some suggestions about where I can search for renting apartment for a whole month. We wanted to stay in Iraklion for a mont and was wondering if we could rent a full furnished aparment, not like tourist, but inhabitants, like student apartmens... if I'm making any sense... :wacko:

Could you also recommend which city would be best, cheapest, how would it cost ( all costs including, electricity, water... ) approx. during main season ( July )???

I would be sooooo grateful for any information.

Thanks!

Bye-bye!

Marisy from Slovenia

#2 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:41 PM

Marisy,
there are apartments for rent on a per day or per month basis and almost all of them are located in Amoudara, 5 km west of Heraklion. I don't know much about prices but you should expect a rent of 750 to 900 Euro per month. That will include electricity and water bills too but the apartments are usually availbable in the winter. In summer I am sure the prices will be higher, especially in July.
Unfortunately there is no website where you can look for such apartments. There are ads in the local newspapers but they are in Greek, so you will need a friend here in Crete to have him look for you.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#3 MAVROLIO

MAVROLIO

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:35 PM

Marisy, there are also plenty of furnished apartments in Kokkini Hani, they range anywhere from 180-250 euro per month.
being in crete might be much easier to find an aparment. there are tons!
8A PERASEI KAI AYTO