8 replies to this topic

#1 mythos

mythos

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:08 PM

Glad that this forum has the brains not to speculate over the bank attack in Kalives.

Enough said on the others....

#2 SteveB

SteveB

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:12 PM

B) Shhhhhhhhhh!!Mythos!
We havent mentioned it,because the "heist" was pulled off by the top secret"Explorers poular front"!
We aim to use the proceeds to finance a mass members re-location to Crete!(But keep it quite!)
:D :D :D

#3 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

..I would just like to state that I had returned home by this time and had nothing at all to do with this. Although the idea of members relocating to Crete is a rather pleasant one. :D
Seriously though, I don't know what time of day this happened, but I'm glad that no-one was physically hurt although the trauma experienced by the victims is something else.
I suppose that this is just another sign of the times. :D
Usually you never ever see a policeman in the village (apart from when they are looking for illegal workers in the autumn) but this year on a few occasions we saw two Landcruisers travelling through the village together, with several officers in them, at various times of the day. They were even present in the village at 03.00 one morning. (and don't even think of asking how I know!!!!!!) B)
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#4 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:28 AM

Not worried about how you knew DaveW, more concerned that you remembered :D :D something like "Lights are on but no-one at home" springs to mind" !!
B) :D
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#5 Brook

Brook

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:37 PM

Another possible Holloywood movie for George Clooney and the gang... "Ocean's Kreta"! B)

#6 MAVROLIO

MAVROLIO

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:37 AM

i know this may sound horrible, but i thought it was quite amusing the way the whole thing went down.
everything was stolen, and they went *POOF* in midair. no one was hurt, but a few people are a whole lot richer. was it right ? no. was it crafty? good enough for hollywooooooooood! B)
8A PERASEI KAI AYTO

#7 Sheila

Sheila

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:48 AM

I can see I'm asking the wrong question, but what is all this about?
Sheila

#8 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 12:54 PM

Some weeks/months (?) ago there was an incident in Kalives where a bank cash machine (hole in the wall) was stolen in circumstances that were, I think, a first for Crete, but common in other countries. The event drew all sorts of comment.

#9 Sheila

Sheila

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 02:59 PM

Ah. Thanks, Tim
Sheila